CTS-V Production
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Production in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The following was recieved from Cadillac today. Emphasis (Bold/Underline) has been added by ME! -Ben Thank you for contacting Cadillac ...
    benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTS-V Production

The following was recieved from Cadillac today. Emphasis (Bold/Underline) has been added by ME!
    -Ben

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the 2004 Cadillac CTS-V! CTS-V production is targeted to begin Febuary 2 of 2004.

Cadillac announced August 16th 2002 that it will enter the high-performance luxury arena with its new "V-Series" line of products. Cadillac executives also unveiled the design of the V-Series logo, which both harkens back to Cadillac's rich heritage as a pioneer in high-performance "V" engine technology and conveys the dynamic posture that will characterize the V-Series models. The first Cadillac to receive the "V-Series" designation will be the CTS, beginning with production late next year as a 2004 CTS-V model.
    "This is a landmark day for Cadillac," said Cadillac general manager Mark LaNeve, speaking from the lawn of Sunday's 53rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. "The announcement of the V-Series is further evidence of the dramatic changes taking place at Cadillac. It shows we're serious about establishing credibility with the most sophisticated customers in the luxury market - the high-performance luxury buyer. We're confident the V-Series models will be a performance package that represents Cadillac at its best, and will allow us to accelerate the renaissance of this legendary brand."

V-Series enhancements will include substantially increased horsepower over the standard engine; manual or "automatic-manual" transmission; performance-tuned suspension; additional instrumentation; larger front air intake; dual exhaust with visible tips; larger wheels, tires and brakes; StabiliTrak standard; unique seating surfaces; and V-Series badging exterior and interior. "V-Series represents the best of what Cadillac has to offer in terms of performance," said Jim Taylor, vehicle line director, GM prestige cars. "The outstanding performance characteristics of the rear-drive Sigma-based CTS lend itself perfectly to this type of high-performance variant. The CTS V-Series will be totally refined and balanced in many areas to deliver a driving experience well beyond expectations." The preliminary plan for the CTS-V models is to feature the 5.7L Generation III V8 engine currently under development. More details will become available as production begins.

Unlike some other high-performance luxury models, Cadillac V-Series will be completely designed and engineered "in-house" in a cooperative effort with GM's recently established Performance Division. "We have some of the best minds in the performance business working with Cadillac to develop V-Series," said Mark Reuss, executive director, GM Performance Division. "The team is passionate and committed to creating vehicles that will be competitive with the world's best high-performance luxury brands."

Cadillac's performance heritage began in 1915 when it introduced the world's first mass-produced V8 engine, followed in the 1930s by legendary V16 and V12 models. More recently, Cadillac has led the way again with the high-performance 32-valve Northstar V8, which is helping power the division's return to racing in the all-new Cadillac Northstar Le Mans Prototype (LMP) racecar. The new V-shaped logo for V-Series models employs the same colors - black against gold, red, silver and blue, on a platinum background -- as the Cadillac division's redesigned "Wreath & Crest" logo, introduced at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in 1999. "While its colors are meant to depict the 'luxury' side of Cadillac, its vertical orientation and its forward-leaning angle to the right are both meant to depict motion and performance," said Kip Wasenko, design director, GM Performance Division, who oversaw the design of the V-Series logo. "This new V-Series logo draws on the proud technological heritage of Cadillac's past emblems, but renders that heritage in a thoroughly modern and sophisticated way."

The use of the "V" designation in Cadillac sales literature dates all the way back to the beginning of the brand. V-shaped emblems started to appear on radiator grilles, trunk lids and hubcaps in the 1930s, and following World War II, Cadillac's divisional emblem evolved into the well-known "V-and-crest" design, which lasted, in one form or another, into the 1960s.

Your local Cadillac dealer is in the best position to advise you of when they will get their first deliveries of this exciting new vehicle. We encourage you to visit a local dealer or retailer of your choice. Once these vehicles begin arriving in dealerships, please contact us back for the latest incentive information in your area.

To search dealership inventory, build your own vehicle, or view vehicle options, please visit:

http://www.gmbuypower.com

If you have any additional questions or would like to receive product information on any of our other vehicles, you may write back or contact Cadillac Marketing Support at 1-800-333-4223, between 8:00am - 11:00pm EST, seven days a week. Thank you for contacting Cadillac!

Sincerely,

Matt Griffith
    Customer Relationship Manager
    Cadillac Marketing Support

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: CTS-V Production

Note that the way the feature list is phrased does not imply that all models will necessarily have everything on that list.

It'll be humbling for a whole lot of Cadillac dealer staff to try to drive a manual transmission; I'd bet 70% of them never have.

I (totally) agree.

kman320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    Note that the way the feature list is phrased does not imply that all models will necessarily have everything on that list.

It'll be humbling for a whole lot of Cadillac dealer staff to try to drive a manual transmission; I'd bet 70% of them never have.
    Doesnt the CTS-V come fully loaded with a moonroof as the only option? I just dont get what you mean by all models wont necessarily have everything on that list. As long as the CTS-V comes the way I see in the Road and Track magazine then I will buy one.

I think the reference was to an Auto or Manumatic Trans.

-Ben

kman320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    I think the reference was to an Auto or Manumatic Trans.

-Ben
    I didnt know the CTS-V is going to come in a auto trans as well. Either way Im opting for a manual tranny anyways.

aussie2u is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm sure it was a mistype but "Automatic Manual" might infer thats its an SMG transmission like the BMW M3 or Ferrari F1 models. "Manual Automatic" would be an auto tranny with simple pushbuttons on the steering wheel. I could only dream of a CTS-V with SMG for $50K!

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

As I noted above, that list of features is not intended to imply that everything on that list is necessarily going to be in every V-series model, at least not on day one.

Case in point: any kind of automatic or SMG transmission.

I'm sure GM will get a lot of whining from the GM-traditionalists about the lack of a slushbox. Personally, I have no trouble with the idea of GM raising a middle finger to these folks.

I would expect to see an SMG show up sometime, maybe 2005, maybe 2006. As I've noted in this forum and others, the SMG hardware for the T56 transmission exists, and is in production for Ford (it's in the Aston Martin DB9, and is in test mules for the '06 Cobra) and the Euro press has tabbed it as one of the best of its kind (nothing with a single clutch and input shaft can ever be as good as the twin-clutch, twin-shaft Audi setup, but...)

So its use in other T56-equipped cars like the CTS-V and the C6 is down to (a) when Tremec will be able to sell it to anyone but Ford and (b) what it will cost.

For all I know there may be test CTS-Vs or C6 'Vettes running around with it already, and that would be a good thing (from the GM customer perspective) because getting the software for these things right is time-consuming.

GM's apparently using the 4L65E in the slushbox C6, which I suppose will work okay, but it's not optimum from a performance perspective and certainly loses the marketing wars when the rest of the industry is moving to 6- and 7-ratio automatics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.