Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  nikon 
#1 ·
Has anyone attempted (or done) a backup camera? I JUST got my V this past weekend and coming from a TINY car, this thing is a tank! I need to get used to it... it's 3 feet longer than my old car... I know the Infiniti FX45 has a real cool backup camera and was wondering if anyone has modified the Nav on the V to use this type of feature...

#7 ·
I was looking into this in late December, I found that inorder to get the picture on the nav screen you had to pull the unit and sent it in and, as stated before, nothing was warrantied. I forget the cost, but I also wanted a front camera to stay away from those pesky curbs. Since then I have had the NAV unit replaced because of peeling buttons, so if I had done this it would have been money down the drain.

There are a few setups with remote screens that do what you want, picture shows up when car is in reverse, if you can get it in reverse. :banghead:

:thumbsup:

#8 ·
50 4Ever said:
There are a few setups with remote screens that do what you want, picture shows up when car is in reverse, if you can get it in reverse. :banghead:

:thumbsup:
I thought about those, infact I have a spare 4" screen lying around, but theres no place to put it the looks "nice" the interior is way to cramped, unless someone made a rear-view mirror that held all the factory functions and did'nt look like total ass. That seems to be the only option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.