Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ace996 
#1 ·
Hey my friends,

Been a while. I was wondering how thigns were progressing in CTS-V ville. Been six months or so since I crashed my '05 and replaced her with a 2005 E55 AMG.

So a few questions. First, is there a solution to the rear-end issues? Other than the stock '06 rear, that is. I remember word was going around that someone was working on a bullet-proof after market rear end.

Also, any improved resolution to the dreaded wheel-hop? Again, somethign other than the darn GM bushing crap fix.

Any new fun stuff out there? New blower setups, that kinda stuff? What's the latest and greatest?

As for me, I'm doing a pulley-ECM upgrade (Renntech) next week that should put me into the mid to high 11's. Love the E55. Highly reccomended and prices have come down now that it's discontinued. Huge gains with a simple pulley swap on top of already staggering torque...

But I miss the stick and the handling and am considering picking up a used V as a second car. Really miss threading the twisties like I did in the Caddy. The E55 might be as fast in the twisties, but not nearly as fun, and it doesn't FEEL fast. More like a rocket-powered luxury car. All grins in a straight line, but carving up the canyons is mroe of a 'point and shoot' operation than the sublime heel-toe experience of the V... Nothing like grabbing second gear and letting the V rip to redline! pure fun.

Thanks!

Skeeter

See less See more
#6 ·
Skeeter -

There actually are a few new things to report. Cowl style hoods are shipping and one or two have made it onto the cars with paint. Of course there are 2 aftermarket diff solutions in the works. Stkshkr has nearly made it into the 11's (12.09 if I recall). Ground Control has released an adjustable spring kit to work with the factory FG2's.

E55 AMG - nice car. Renntech...even nicer then. But no soul from my experiences. Balls out fast for sure...but something is missing.

See you in 6 months. By then I'll have either gone ever deeper into V-dom or jumped ship.

WW

#7 ·
If you're looking for a used '05 V, there will be one going to GM auction real soon. I just hope you don't have a dislike for "lemon-fresh" scent....if so, then this one's not for you. But, you don't need to add tranny fluid to this one...it just spits it out in a week or so...
-ace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.