CTSV ordering
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTSV ordering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, I'm ready to order my V so I called a couple dealers. I weeded out the ones with the ...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTSV ordering

OK, I'm ready to order my V so I called a couple dealers. I weeded out the ones with the mark ups and found 2 . 1 dealer told me they cannot order them yet, and some dealers might not get any. The other told me you can order one and any dealer can get one if they order one. He told me I have to put down a $1k deposit and he can order one. He said the one he has on order now is in production and is being built, and mine should be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks. Anyone have the skinny on if this is true or not? He couldn't even tell me the price of the sunroof, so how can the car be order-able if they don't have an exact price on an option. (maybe he was just too lazy to look it up).Sorry but I just don't want to be stuck waiting four months instead of 2 because this guy wanted my deposit. If its true, I'm going to order mine this week. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: CTSV ordering

cue chirping crickets.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    cue chirping crickets.
    I know I can log into the GM Employee website and get pricing and I can't believe dealers would not have this option.

Thanks for the info. I tried ordering one through cadillac.com and it won't let you do it yet. I called another dealer and they told me they were allocated 1 and that the ball would be rolling if I come down and put a deposit on it. They said they have not ordered it yet because they were waiting for a customer with color choice and sunroof choice. He said it would be here in April. The wife and I just had our second kid and my Vette hasn't moved in months and the wife and I have to share my Silverado. I can wait till mid April, but thats about it. I need a new 4 seat car. I was hoping someone here that worked for GM could confirm that they have started production. I heard rumors that they wanted to start selling them in conjunction with the superbowl. I just don't trust dealers knowledge when it comes to ordering this car.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I tried ordering one through cadillac.com and it won't let you do it yet. I called another dealer and they told me they were allocated 1 and that the ball would be rolling if I come down and put a deposit on it. They said they have not ordered it yet because they were waiting for a customer with color choice and sunroof choice. He said it would be here in April. The wife and I just had our second kid and my Vette hasn't moved in months and the wife and I have to share my Silverado. I can wait till mid April, but thats about it. I need a new 4 seat car. I was hoping someone here that worked for GM could confirm that they have started production. I heard rumors that they wanted to start selling them in conjunction with the superbowl. I just don't trust dealers knowledge when it comes to ordering this car.
    You may want to contact the author of this article. I got more information from this site on build dates than I got from my dealer on 2004 3.6L deliveries. They seem to stay on top of what is actually happening on the production floor.

http://www.lsj.com/news/business/040...lac_1a-7a.html

I spoke with my dealer last week and he said there has been a delay in manufacturing. The delay is pushing delivery dates back to March. On another web site, don't recall where, I read where the delay was caused by the last minute addition of a steering wheel button to cycle through the Info screens.

If this is true the delay is worth it.

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess they are well into production. A guy here said the dealer told him that his would be here in no more than three weeks....firm

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

they are well into production. you should be able to order them. you should be seeing them around in dealerships very shortly.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I called and gave my name at MANY local dealers back in Dec'03 (Northern Cali). One has held firm on a 2/22/04 delivery of his 1st car (already sold), but that's a Sunday (he also said his 2nd will be in 3/7/04) - not sure yet if I believe him at all. Several dealers are starting to call me saying they've been able to order one. Many have the allocation and at least 1 order in the bank but no order #'s or build dates yet. One dealer I spoke to (back in Dec) had a mid-Jan build date (on a sold car), wonder if he has been bumped up. Two others have contacted me in the last week saying that they are expecting them on the lot begining to mid March.I will call my preferred dealers Monday to get an update - I'll post anything noteworthy.

Once the order in the bank is accpeted you should get an order # and a build date. Expect ~6 weeks from the build date.

-Ben

P.S. It would help if we knew where everyone was posting from.... 3 weeks maybe East Coast or near Lansing?

me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So does anyone think I'll have a chance getting one at GMS? BTW, GM is listing a $250.00 rebate on the V

Thanks for the info guys. I went today and plunked down my deposit. The salesman said I have the only one they are allocated for the year. He said he was putting in the order tonite and will have GM confirmation for me in writing in a couple days. I ordered a black with sunroof. They gave me a guarentee trade value on my 03 Vette as a trade with a milage cap that was $1500 more than KBB trade in value. He said he can take the car now for that price, or whenever the V comes in. They told me the V won't be there until early May.

I received my build info today, should be delivered in 5 weeks.

-Ben

Ben, he is faxing over the GM order confirmation and told me it may be here in 8 weeks. Is that the info you have or is your build confirmation something different? 5 weeks from now would be awesome!

You can have an order # for weeks without your order getting picked up and built (not always, but possible). My order now has a build date of 2/2, then assume 1 week to build and 2-3 weeks to ship.

How did you get a build date? DId the dealer call someone?

OK, I got my order confirmation. It says TPW of 3-1-04. Is this a best guess delivery date? Thanks everyone. Oh yea..I like the name "Raven Black" for the exterior paint name and I got ebony interior.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.