2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTSV ordering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by GNSCOTT OK, I got my order confirmation. It says TPW of 3-1-04. Is this a best guess ...
- 01-27-04 07:14 PM #16
Re: CTSV orderingOriginally Posted by GNSCOTT
- 01-27-04 08:02 PM #17
Re: CTSV ordering
TPW is (approximate) build date (and no I dont know what TPW stands for), from what I have been told by the dealer and Cadillac HQ.
And yes delivery date is best guess for sure. I think a few days after my TPW date I'll be able to have a clearer idea - I'm going to find out if it's BUILT and sitting waiting for transport or what. I can see ~2-3 weeks transit (estmated 10-14 days by train, hold at local depot (unknown days), deliver by car carrier to local dealer 1 day.
I really wasn't hot on black either (my current 12yo daily driver is also black/black and I swore never another like it), but the light silver didn't do much for me as I see this color all day long on every BMW and MBZ in the area. My quest began with a Regular CTS in Silver Smoke (Dark Grey) with Grey 2 tone Interior - fully loaded was $43k + fees. I REALLY did NOT want a Sunroof and if I had to order all the 1SC+NAV options ala carte so to speak I would be at $45k (without the sunroof). At $5k more I get all the bells and whistles of the V (again no roof!) and I don't think I could be happier.
Two other notes...
1. I REALLY dislike light shades of carpet in cars (the grey int CTS comes with grey carpet), so the black carpet (ok with a blk int) is a big plus to me (and yes I know I could have ordered a regular one with blk int but the grey was nice!).
2. I live in San Francisco, city of hills, I swore up and down my daily driver had to be auto - I already have a sports car that is stick (occasional use only). So the WORST case senario I can't stand the stick for DD (daily driver)and I trade the CTSV in for regular CTS (auto and would then bite the bullet on the sunroof and get it). Not loosing much $ on this deal, as the CTSV should still be hot in 6-12 months *IF* I couldn't hang with stick on all these hills.
P.S. CONGRADS TO ALL WHO ARE WAITING!
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Extension Set
Extension Set - 3/8 Inch Drive; 3 Piece; Includes 3 Inch, 6 Inch, 10 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Ratchet Handle Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Universal Joint Set
Universal Joint Set - 3 Piece; 1/4 Inch, 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch