CTSV ordering - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTSV ordering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by GNSCOTT OK, I got my order confirmation. It says TPW of 3-1-04. Is this a best guess ...
    cajunairman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: CTSV ordering

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    OK, I got my order confirmation. It says TPW of 3-1-04. Is this a best guess delivery date? Thanks everyone. Oh yea..I like the name "Raven Black" for the exterior paint name and I got ebony interior.
    My salesman called me this morning and Estimated delivery to his door is March 6. I was hoping it would be in for my b-day but no biggie. It still may be as he said this date is 2 weeks plus or minus. I couldn't stand the thought of owning another Black car, so I chickened out and got the Silver.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: CTSV ordering

TPW is (approximate) build date (and no I dont know what TPW stands for), from what I have been told by the dealer and Cadillac HQ.

And yes delivery date is best guess for sure. I think a few days after my TPW date I'll be able to have a clearer idea - I'm going to find out if it's BUILT and sitting waiting for transport or what. I can see ~2-3 weeks transit (estmated 10-14 days by train, hold at local depot (unknown days), deliver by car carrier to local dealer 1 day.

I really wasn't hot on black either (my current 12yo daily driver is also black/black and I swore never another like it), but the light silver didn't do much for me as I see this color all day long on every BMW and MBZ in the area. My quest began with a Regular CTS in Silver Smoke (Dark Grey) with Grey 2 tone Interior - fully loaded was $43k + fees. I REALLY did NOT want a Sunroof and if I had to order all the 1SC+NAV options ala carte so to speak I would be at $45k (without the sunroof). At $5k more I get all the bells and whistles of the V (again no roof!) and I don't think I could be happier.

Two other notes...

1. I REALLY dislike light shades of carpet in cars (the grey int CTS comes with grey carpet), so the black carpet (ok with a blk int) is a big plus to me (and yes I know I could have ordered a regular one with blk int but the grey was nice!).

2. I live in San Francisco, city of hills, I swore up and down my daily driver had to be auto - I already have a sports car that is stick (occasional use only). So the WORST case senario I can't stand the stick for DD (daily driver)and I trade the CTSV in for regular CTS (auto and would then bite the bullet on the sunroof and get it). Not loosing much $ on this deal, as the CTSV should still be hot in 6-12 months *IF* I couldn't hang with stick on all these hills.

Thoughts?
    -Ben

P.S. CONGRADS TO ALL WHO ARE WAITING!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.