Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Attention CTS-V owners in Ontario and general region

799 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Silver Baron 
#1 · (Edited)
(This is also posted on the CTS forum as well)

I have contacted GM Canada in regards to having some sort of Cadillac CTS, “Coral” at the Mosport round of the American LeMans sports car event (ALMS) which includes a World Challenge event that will be held on the Sunday of this race weekend. This year’s event is held on Sept 1, 2nd and 3rd (Race day) over the Labour Day weekend. The race weekend includes several series such as the four ALMS classes, Speed World GT and Touring classes, Star Mazda, Formula BMW and IMSA GT3 Cup. See link here: http://www.mosport.com/roadhome.htm

In a surprise call today at my office, a representative from GM Canada wanted to quickly reply, (I only emailed them on Friday) to my inquiry concerning why there isn’t a CTS Coral just as there has been for Corvette owners over the last few ALMS events at Mosport.

She responded that the Cadillac people at GM Canada were shocked that they received an unsolicited question in this regards to this matter while they "were in the process of evaluating this very idea for CTS owners"!

They will be contacting me in a couple of weeks for feed back concerning how many CTS owners would be interested in attending such an event, (I told them I was a member here at this forum).

My question today is this: How many members would consider going to such an event if there were a Cadillac CTS Coral along the lines that is put on for Corvette owners?

I have no details at this time on what GM Canada has in mind, but I’m quite sure it would be run like the current Corvette corals where the vette owners do a drivers parade, have a hospitality tent with lunch and access to drivers, technical people, marketing people and perhaps a sneak preview of new CTS’s. These events are not free, but the goodie bags, special seating and VIP CTS parking and extras including race tickets in my mind mind is worth the drive. I don't need the race tickets as my daughter and I will be busy flagging, but my wife can hold down the fort for me and save me a sandwich!

I’m not sure what they want from me in a few weeks, but if it comes down to needing some sort of “numbers” from this group, I want to be able to let them know what type of interest there is from our end. I will also suggest they contact the GTA and area Cadillac dealers to promote this suggested get together as well.

I told the GM contact that I was confident that the level of interest is such that perhaps we would also get people attending from nearby US States given the fact that it is a long weekend in both Canada and the USA and the interest in seeing three CTS-V-R’s racing.

Feedback starts…. Now. ;)

I'll bump this post after GM calls me back and I have further details.

See less See more
#7 ·
In 04, I was invited into the Corvette Coral and to park the car amongst the Corvettes. The GM representative also asked me to be the closing car in the parade around the track.
I already put the bug of an own Cadillac Coral in her. :)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...llenge-mosport-weekend.html?highlight=mosport
However, in 05 while I got invited in the VIP area of the Corvette Coral, they did not let me park on their holy ground and no parade. I did complain a little but hey, I got a free VIP pass :alchi: and if I wanted a Vette I would have bought one.
Our own Cadillac Coral would be great and GM seems willing now, especially after we won the Speed World Challenge Series last year.
I missed the survey but will definitely try to be there again.
Good work Torontoworker. :highfive:
I put this on the V forum also.

#9 ·
Hi TorontoWorker,
is Cadillac doing anything at the ALMS race at Mosport? I don't see any Corvette Corral this year on the Mosport website either! :confused:

(This is also posted on the CTS forum as well)

I have contacted GM Canada in regards to having some sort of Cadillac CTS, “Coral” at the Mosport round of the American LeMans sports car event (ALMS) which includes a World Challenge event that will be held on the Sunday of this race weekend. This year’s event is held on Sept 1, 2nd and 3rd (Race day) over the Labour Day weekend. The race weekend includes several series such as the four ALMS classes, Speed World GT and Touring classes, Star Mazda, Formula BMW and IMSA GT3 Cup. See link here: http://www.mosport.com/roadhome.htm

In a surprise call today at my office, a representative from GM Canada wanted to quickly reply, (I only emailed them on Friday) to my inquiry concerning why there isn’t a CTS Coral just as there has been for Corvette owners over the last few ALMS events at Mosport.

She responded that the Cadillac people at GM Canada were shocked that they received an unsolicited question in this regards to this matter while they "were in the process of evaluating this very idea for CTS owners"!

They will be contacting me in a couple of weeks for feed back concerning how many CTS owners would be interested in attending such an event, (I told them I was a member here at this forum).

My question today is this: How many members would consider going to such an event if there were a Cadillac CTS Coral along the lines that is put on for Corvette owners?

I have no details at this time on what GM Canada has in mind, but I’m quite sure it would be run like the current Corvette corals where the vette owners do a drivers parade, have a hospitality tent with lunch and access to drivers, technical people, marketing people and perhaps a sneak preview of new CTS’s. These events are not free, but the goodie bags, special seating and VIP CTS parking and extras including race tickets in my mind mind is worth the drive. I don't need the race tickets as my daughter and I will be busy flagging, but my wife can hold down the fort for me and save me a sandwich!

I’m not sure what they want from me in a few weeks, but if it comes down to needing some sort of “numbers” from this group, I want to be able to let them know what type of interest there is from our end. I will also suggest they contact the GTA and area Cadillac dealers to promote this suggested get together as well.

I told the GM contact that I was confident that the level of interest is such that perhaps we would also get people attending from nearby US States given the fact that it is a long weekend in both Canada and the USA and the interest in seeing three CTS-V-R’s racing.

Feedback starts…. Now.

I'll bump this post after GM calls me back and I have further details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.