CTS-V Color choice - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Color choice in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by darrelld With sales topping 4,000 a month many disagree with your view. Oh, I'm aware of that. ...
    JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: CTS-V Color choice

Quote Originally Posted by darrelld
    With sales topping 4,000 a month many disagree with your view.
    Oh, I'm aware of that. The CTS is doing well sales-wise though we'll see if that holds up now that GM is pushing the price up through the $40K level.

Personally, I'd never consider buying a CTS based on the shape alone, but the CTS-V is a different story - the mechanical spec and bang-for-buck factor tend to overcome my reluctance about the shape.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    Oh, I'm aware of that. The CTS is doing well sales-wise though we'll see if that holds up now that GM is pushing the price up through the $40K level.

Personally, I'd never consider buying a CTS based on the shape alone, but the CTS-V is a different story - the mechanical spec and bang-for-buck factor tend to overcome my reluctance about the shape.
    My fully loaded '03 was a decent amount over 40k(and it's black. Muahahahahaa!!). When I buy a new car, the last thing I want is for it to blend in with everything else. The new Caddys have a sense of style that is missing from many auto designs lately. It's shows that it's confident enough to have it's own character and not fall into the 'me too' pit that many manufacturers are stuck in. For that, it's worth the extra price.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey JEM,
    That's the Silverstone on the M5 you show. That is actually the only color I don't like on the M5, well.....I also wouldn't want want Red.

On the M5 color choices, mine would go like this: Black, Carbon Black,
    Anth-Gray, Silver..... There are very few White or Green ones (as far as I'm concerned, green is for grass, not cars)

VinMan out....

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvinman
    Hey JEM,
    That's the Silverstone on the M5 you show. That is actually the only color I don't like on the M5, well.....I also wouldn't want want Red.

On the M5 color choices, mine would go like this: Black, Carbon Black,
    Anth-Gray, Silver..... There are very few White or Green ones (as far as I'm concerned, green is for grass, not cars)
    Yes, that's Silverstone. To each their own...Imola Red is too bright, but the Royal Red is gorgeous. Anthracite Gray is nice. The darker blues (Avus Blue, LeMans Blue) are probably the best-looking colors on the M5, but I buy colors for maintainability and light colors hold up better.

I've owned black cars. I'll never, ever own another one. They require ridiculous maintenance and the paint ends up looking old too quickly. The TiAg (titanium silver) is attractive enough but far too common.

SSHOKIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: CTS-V Color choice

Must have Red!!

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SSHOKIE
    Must have Red!!
    I agree that if there is any additional color choice, red gets my vote.

JEM

A bright red e.g. BMW's Imola Red would probably look really good on the CTS-V, but I guess I'm just too cop-chicken to ever own one that color...

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ya, the Avus blue is a fantastic color, I like it a little better than the LeMans, but would be happy with either. They are so close it's hard to tell unless you have both colors next to each other.

Too bad they dropped the Avus after the first few months of the 00' M5 production.

Ciao VinMan out....

SixDeuceDubDeuced is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would love to see a V in the Escalade EXT "Out Of The Blue" color.

I would also like to see a red interior, and red brakes with crossdrilled rotors.

Well, at least i can manage the brakes with aftermarket.

JEM

IIRC that one's a lot like BMW Estoril Blue, which looks good on just about everything. I'd go for that.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The platinum V from the show is nice. It would also be a beauty in the pearl white . I had the black/black on order. Switched to the neutral interior. all black was too much. Checked it out at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    The platinum V from the show is nice. It would also be a beauty in the pearl white . I had the black/black on order. Switched to the neutral interior. all black was too much. Checked it out at the show.
    I like the neutral/Black Raven combo. Another good color option is Silver Smoke, saw my first CTS on the street in that color on my way to work. Looks very nice in with the 1SC option package.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Eventually, we are all going to see at least one or two on the road in Mountain Laurel. You may know it better as Mary Kay Pink, from the 1956/1957 Cadillacs. Like the one Bruce Springsteen & Elvis had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Eventually, we are all going to see at least one or two on the road in Mountain Laurel. You may know it better as Mary Kay Pink, from the 1956/1957 Cadillacs. Like the one Bruce Springsteen & Elvis had.
    You think Mary Kay will get a pink CTS-V for redistribution? That would be interesting to see. I can visualize the scene with my Mary Kay rep now, the wife looks over the cosmetics and I check out the car.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

No, they will not get the "V" - Base model with leather is how all their cars are equipped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.