Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  DILLIGAF 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here they are.So far so good,no complaints and the hop is reduced.

#6 ·
255/45/18's coming in April if you can wait. That will give you the wheel well filling effect you are looking for. I ran 2 sets of Falken 255/45's on my V. Very slight rub, and I do mean very slight on the rear of the front wheel well. Just the plastic splash guard, not the fender. No 'real' damage to tire or fendor well. 255/40 will probably fell better though with the shorter sidewall.

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

#9 ·
new2here said:
any rubbing on fender wells at all? on dips at traveling speed? how much is the tire bulge on standard rims? (hope to prevent/minimize curb rash)
These tires have a rim protector and tend to be a little wider than other tires their same size.No rubbing at all,I do expect to get some when I lower the car.Average size bulge here.:bouncy:

#10 ·
Got5onit said:
Looks good.

Can you get a closeup shot of just the face of the wheel and tire? I'm curious to see the difference in sidewall height.

Is there a noticeable difference in sidewall height?
These tires are .9 in shorter than the stockers.You see more fender well,slightly.Somebody else took pics of these same tires but closer views,thats why I went with these pics.

#12 ·
rp64ctsv said:
These tires are .9 in shorter than the stockers.You see more fender well,slightly.Somebody else took pics of these same tires but closer views,thats why I went with these pics.
actually they're only .6" in diameter shorter, which means that your wheel well gap only increases by half of that, or .3" Shouldn't be very noticible. I have a set in my garage ready to go in a few hundred miles!:thumbsup: Congrats on the purchase! I'm going to mount them up with some hotchkis sways from the GP, and the car should handle like balls!

#16 ·
JOEYCTS-V said:
Looks good. :thumbsup: My local tire shop told me they can get the 255/45's for me and that they were only unavailable on the internet. Is he pullin my chain? :hmm:
Word has it the 255-45s aren't made yet,don't be afraid of the 40s,I like them.Try cvps new and improved link and see what they say.:alchi:

#18 ·
Just a little follow up on the tires.I've tried to make these things rub and can't.I put a couple of hundred miles on them already and all I can say is nice.I just ordered the jack and stuff to put a spare in the trunk.Special thanks to Reed and Dreamin for the faq and the part numbers for gm parts direct.You guys rock!!!!

#19 ·
These tires are awesome. They do much better than the runflats and do not get squirmy after a couple of laps. I love the tread design too. It really adds to it.

#20 ·
Update-The V is shaking a little from 80 mph and up,going back to the dealer monday.I do not believe the dealer road force balanced my tires.This vibration gets worse the faster you go,went to 125 and thought I was going to blow a tire(that bad)

#21 ·
my only concern is the tires wet handling capabilities. I have these tires on my camaro, though it isnt a DD. I haven't driven in the rain with them so i can't tell. I will say that they absolutely hug the road, get better when warmed, and will last twice as ling as the F1'z at about half the cost of the F1'z.

Anyone care to comment on any wet handling or rainy day driving? Did you feel confident or were you afraid to get on the gas at all? Im not talking about wet track racing but just daily commuting since i drive like a grandma in the dry, u can only imagine in the rain how chill i got through the gears!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.