GMS Pricing V-Series
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GMS Pricing V-Series in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone heard any news about this. When I log into the GM Employee website, pricing is not available. I ...
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

GMS Pricing V-Series

Has anyone heard any news about this. When I log into the GM Employee website, pricing is not available.

I read on another site where dealers now have GMS (GM employee in Stock) and GMO (GM employee on Order) price sheets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

So you are a GM employee?...
    How much is a GM discount on these types of vehicles? I know the STS I owned prior to the 330 was an employee purchased vehicle. I know the MSRP was about 57k on mine but im sure he paid no where near that,I think it was closer to mid forties or heck probably less depending on when he bought it since already 8000.00 discounts off MSRP are not unusual on the regular Caddy products here.

Cool Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    How much is a GM discount on these types of vehicles? I know the STS I owned prior to the 330 was an employee purchased vehicle. I know the MSRP was about 57k on mine but im sure he paid no where near that,I think it was closer to mid forties or heck probably less depending on when he bought it since already 8000.00 discounts off MSRP are not unusual on the regular Caddy products here.
    I am not a GM Employee but my wife works for the company that provides the OnStar service to GM. GM extends the discount through some agreements with selected partner companies.

Depending upon the vehicle the discount is usually %10 on top of whatever existing incentives exist.

My last vehicle was Ford?

Come to think of it GM has a discount plan for the Bank I work for also... hmmm I might have to check into that. Its pretty good from what I hear, a co-worker purchased a 2003 Tahoe for about 27k nicely equipped. I wonder if discounts apply to specialty vehicles like the CTS-V .... the gears are turning.

Come to think of it GM has a discount plan for the Bank I work for also... hmmm I might have to check into that. Its pretty good from what I hear, a co-worker purchased a 2003 Tahoe for about 27k nicely equipped. I wonder if discounts apply to specialty vehicles like the CTS-V .... the gears are turning.
    That's the reason I started the thread...

I know it's available for the Z06 Vette and the XLR, but nothing official on the V. Another website reports some dealers have the price sheets and I am trying to confirm this.

me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The GMS and GMO systems were consolidated into a single price GMS system. As far as I have seen, no employee pricing is available online anymore. There used to be a gmbuypower for employees, but I dont think it exists anymore.

As far as CTS-V, I have no Idea but will try to find out.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by me3head
    The GMS and GMO systems were consolidated into a single price GMS system. As far as I have seen, no employee pricing is available online anymore. There used to be a gmbuypower for employees, but I dont think it exists anymore.

As far as CTS-V, I have no Idea but will try to find out.

Mike
    GMBuypower for employees is alive and well, since the website redesign it was moved to this location;

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com

When you login you definately get GMS pricing for all models with the exception of the SSR and CTS-V.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

GM and individual dealers can decide whether or not to offer GMS or GM supplier pricing on a particular model. I learned this when I shopped for my vette. I asked the question of every dealer very clearly, "Is the Corvette (or whatever model) eligible for GMS pricing?" You'll laugh at some of the answers. One of the funniest was from the salesperson at Les Stanford, the "Corvette King", who said "Very close." When pressed, "Very close" = $2000 above GMS price for a vette.

Be sure to ask the question to distant dealers because once I found a Chevy dealer about 2.5 hours away in Ohio that offered GMS pricing on vettes, both of my local dealer suddenly saw the light.

me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rinke Pontiac told me "GM has specifically told us not to offer GMS on the GTO." Somehow I doubt that, as most dealers will blame GM on not offering it on the Corvette. They will always try to weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by me3head
    Rinke Pontiac told me "GM has specifically told us not to offer GMS on the GTO." Somehow I doubt that, as most dealers will blame GM on not offering it on the Corvette. They will always try to weasel.
    One of the local dealers, Reliable Chevrolet, actually advertises GMS pricing on the Corvette in their Sunday newspaper ads.

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

the GMS price is approx. 10% off of MSRP however every car differs

in addition to that, GM employee's and family can get special offers at different times ontop of all the general incentives

also. the base model of a vehicle can only be discounted so much. it is options like sunroof and bose systems where GMS makes the real difference

finally. as far as i know. there is no known GMS price for the CTS V yet.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

GMS on the V-series is $44168. I saw it on a price sheet when I was not supposed to. Please let me explain in more detail what I know about employee pricing:

There are 2 levels of employee discount.
    1- You or an immediate family member is a GM or Hughes employee: This is GMS (as shown on pricing sheets)

2- You or an immediate family member is a employee of a GM supplier (delphi, etc). This is not on the price sheet but is generally above GMS but below MSRP (usually smack between them). (On the v this is about 47k estimated)

So, in order to get GMS, you must have an immediate family member who is a GM employee.

Now, the second part to this is that it is at the Dealer's discretion whether to offer GMS pricing. So, as we see, most dealers dont like to offer it on limited production cars such as Corvettes or XLRs because this is where they make their most money.
    Also, that car they just sold to you for below invoice took up one of their allocated cars. Example: Dealer is told that he will get 3 Z06s. The one he sells for GMS is INCLUDED in that count. So not only did he lose markup of the "premium" sale, but he just sold one of the 3 cars he gets this month. You can see why some dealerships are reluctant to do it.

However, if you are lucky, you can find a dealer who does not care and will offer GMS pricing on any car.

Happy Hunting,

Mrbadss

This might sound like a stupid question.... but are Dealer sales associates considered "GM Employees"? Or would they be considered agents of the dealer (i.e. Davis-Moore) and not GM?

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

This might sound like a stupid question.... but are Dealer sales associates considered "GM Employees"? Or would they be considered agents of the dealer (i.e. Davis-Moore) and not GM?
    dealer sales associates are NOT "GM Employees" They are the agents of the dealers. GM does not have any control over these agents or the dealership... however, i heard they still get really good discounts to the cars though (not sure if it's close to GMS or not) one thing for sure though, they do not get the extra bonus/incentives that are exclusive for the GM employee

speaking of dealership though. only those that have gone to the GM's special training gets to carry the XLR. so, it is better to buy your car from a dealership that carries XLR since they usually offer better customer services and know a little more about what they are talking about.

peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    GMS on the V-series is $44168. I saw it on a price sheet when I was not supposed to. Please let me explain in more detail what I know about employee pricing:

There are 2 levels of employee discount.
    1- You or an immediate family member is a GM or Hughes employee: This is GMS (as shown on pricing sheets)

2- You or an immediate family member is a employee of a GM supplier (delphi, etc). This is not on the price sheet but is generally above GMS but below MSRP (usually smack between them). (On the v this is about 47k estimated)

So, in order to get GMS, you must have an immediate family member who is a GM employee.

Now, the second part to this is that it is at the Dealer's discretion whether to offer GMS pricing. So, as we see, most dealers dont like to offer it on limited production cars such as Corvettes or XLRs because this is where they make their most money.
    Also, that car they just sold to you for below invoice took up one of their allocated cars. Example: Dealer is told that he will get 3 Z06s. The one he sells for GMS is INCLUDED in that count. So not only did he lose markup of the "premium" sale, but he just sold one of the 3 cars he gets this month. You can see why some dealerships are reluctant to do it.

However, if you are lucky, you can find a dealer who does not care and will offer GMS pricing on any car.

Happy Hunting,

Mrbadss
    For employees of GM suppliers the price is 4% above the GMS price for the GM employee.
    Can't use your GM card earnings with GM employee or GM supplier GMS price anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.