GMS Pricing V-Series - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GMS Pricing V-Series in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'll bet the farm that no dealer will offer the discount on a CTSV unless for some reason they are ...
  1. #16
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    I'll bet the farm that no dealer will offer the discount on a CTSV unless for some reason they are rotting on the lot. I think you will be hard pressed to get $100 off the sticker for awhile.

  2. #17
    evo's Avatar
    evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    139

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    checked up on the price. a standard CTS V is currently pricing at about 50k. GMS price you are lookin close to 45k, however, if you are not a GM employee or family, you probably have no chance to getting it to GMS... good luck to those of you that can actually afford this. and dont forget us (To post pics) when you do get it =)

  3. #18
    darrelld's Avatar
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Age
    58
    Posts
    543

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by evo
    checked up on the price. a standard CTS V is currently pricing at about 50k. GMS price you are lookin close to 45k, however, if you are not a GM employee or family, you probably have no chance to getting it to GMS... good luck to those of you that can actually afford this. and dont forget us (To post pics) when you do get it =)
    Just checked the GM Employee web site and you are right GMS pricing is there. Looks like the only option is the sunroof.

  4. #19
    me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    51

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    It'a there all right, but I really can't see anyone getting a dealer to sell theirs at GMS. If I could, I would keep it for 6 mo then sell it for what I paid :-)

  5. #20
    evo's Avatar
    evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    139

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by me3head
    It'a there all right, but I really can't see anyone getting a dealer to sell theirs at GMS. If I could, I would keep it for 6 mo then sell it for what I paid :-)
    GMS is fixed. a dealer will have to sell you the car at GMS if you are qualified. I dont understand what you mean by not finding a dealership willing to do that for you. (since they are kind of required to) however, going in, buying the car with the thought of selling it to make a profit (even driving it for free for 6 month) is abusing the GMS system and can get you in trouble and lose your previlage to GMS or even fired from GM. the trade off is just not worth it....

  6. #21
    me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    51

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    The GMS system is completely voluntary for dealers. They are under no obligation to sell to you. Read the vehicle purchase program rules if you don't beleive me.

    As for getting in trouble, you are only required to keep the car for 6 months. This pretty much ensures that you cannnot profit from the GMS system, but that is the ONLYY rule (1 year for PEP)

  7. #22
    darrelld's Avatar
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Age
    58
    Posts
    543

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by evo
    GMS is fixed. a dealer will have to sell you the car at GMS if you are qualified. I dont understand what you mean by not finding a dealership willing to do that for you. (since they are kind of required to) however, going in, buying the car with the thought of selling it to make a profit (even driving it for free for 6 month) is abusing the GMS system and can get you in trouble and lose your previlage to GMS or even fired from GM. the trade off is just not worth it....
    Purchase Programs Rules and Guidelines
    Page 5
    Dealers are not required to participate
    in the GM New Vehicle Purchase Program.
    To determine a specific dealer’s willingness
    to sell vehicles under The Programs, you
    must contact the dealer directly.

    The rules are very clear;
    http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/pdf/gms_rules.pdf

  8. #23
    evo's Avatar
    evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    139

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    oh wow. i never knew that. i guess its cause i never run into the problem. so does this mean the dealer is either participating or not participating.... or can it mean that they'll do it for certain cars (cts, sts...) but not others (cts v)??

    hmn... can you do GMO if the dealer is not participating is selling their cts v for GMS? I mean, im sure there is a way to get the v at gms locally when it first come out. or else the program is kind of pointless.

  9. #24
    darrelld's Avatar
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Age
    58
    Posts
    543

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by evo
    oh wow. i never knew that. i guess its cause i never run into the problem. so does this mean the dealer is either participating or not participating.... or can it mean that they'll do it for certain cars (cts, sts...) but not others (cts v)??

    hmn... can you do GMO if the dealer is not participating is selling their cts v for GMS? I mean, im sure there is a way to get the v at gms locally when it first come out. or else the program is kind of pointless.
    I don't know what incentives GM gives the dealer to participate, if any, and I had at least one dealer balking at GMS for a Vette. I would think the main advantage is good PR but there may be others.

    If Reliable Chevrolet for example gives me GMS for a Vette and Huffines Chevrolet refuses I will definately recommend Reliable to my friends for their next purchase.

  10. #25
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    I was told dealers can pick and choose which vehicles if any, they will do GMS pricing for. I bet its next to impossible to find a dealer willing to do a V. The sales manager at the chevy dealership told me the owner wouldn't let him HIM do gms pricing on an SSR.

  11. #26
    c5 rv's Avatar
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by evo
    ...
    hmn... can you do GMO if the dealer is not participating is selling their cts v for GMS? I mean, im sure there is a way to get the v at gms locally when it first come out. or else the program is kind of pointless.
    I don't think there is a GMO program anymore, just GMS pricing whether you order the car or take one from stock. You can keep shopping dealers until you find one that will offer GMS pricing and then go back to your local dealer and see if they will reconsider. (That's how I got my local dealer to offer GMS pricing on a Corvette.) However, given the limited availability of the CTS-V, it may be hard to find a dealer that will offer GMS pricing on it. Maybe next year?

    Pontiac GTO buyers are encountering the same problem. If lucky, they can find a dealer with will only sell the car at MSRP now.

  12. #27
    evo's Avatar
    evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    139

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    I don't think there is a GMO program anymore, just GMS pricing whether you order the car or take one from stock. You can keep shopping dealers until you find one that will offer GMS pricing and then go back to your local dealer and see if they will reconsider. (That's how I got my local dealer to offer GMS pricing on a Corvette.) However, given the limited availability of the CTS-V, it may be hard to find a dealer that will offer GMS pricing on it. Maybe next year?

    Pontiac GTO buyers are encountering the same problem. If lucky, they can find a dealer with will only sell the car at MSRP now.
    when you say that your local dealer wont give you GMS on your vette. do you mean you are eligible and they say they dont do GMS? or you are just giving them the GMS number and ask if they are willing to sell it for that?

  13. #28
    cberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    I ordered my CTS-V GMS in November. The dealer didn;t blink a bit when I
    brought it up.

  14. #29
    me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    51

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    If you're in the detroit area, can I ask what dealer?

  15. #30
    hapyctser is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    21

    Re: GMS Pricing V-Series

    The post regarding dealer obligations is absolutely correct. The dealer is bound by his contractual agreement with GM to sell at the GMS price to those eligible. Period. The abuse caution is right on the money also. (35 years with GM central office)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting