Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  wildwhl 
#1 ·
The inevitable race finally occurred. This afternoon.

Up the road from my house, about 5 houses up, is a neighbor I've never spoken to (except when he borrowed my snow blower) and he drives a procharged C5. I know it is fast - it has a local reputation - as does he :alchi:

On my way home this afternoon, the opportunity we've both been waiting for finally presented itself. From a roll - both of us shifting with absolute perfection - up to the legal speed limit :lies: and twice, I had him by about a car length. I have to admit that I have NEVER shifted quite so well as this. It is cold today - about 30 degrees - and we both had serious traction issues throughout both runs. Then we went from a stop - and both gave up because of - as he stated it when we pulled into my driveway to share a few words - WHEEL HOP! Yep - wheel hop. Bad. For me, and for him.

It was fun - and truth be told his car would get me no problem in the correct conditions. I could hear him spinning when I was well into third (his 2-3 shift?). He's been egging me on, though, ever since I bought the V. Always slows when I'm outside and gives the throttle an extra flick - making sure the whine is present.

Pretty cool guy though. I gave him a Guiness, we shared a few stories, stared at each other's very dirty cars, and had a laugh.

But that isn't why I'm so V'king happy.

Just when I thought I was going to have to switch barrels to Merlot or Cab tonight, waiting for CVP or Dannystang or 10secvette to come out and play, I found 2 more Guiness stashed in the back of the refer. Secret stash I suppose.

Man, sometimes life is just perfect. If only that secret package from Denniscars had arrived today :rolleyes:

So, let's kick off a thread that means nothing - and where it goes from here is up to each of you - as long as I stay ahead of MopoorCVP in postcount, I don't care :stirpot:

See less See more
#3 ·
You should have seen the look he had when he noticed the "baby seats" in back...damn, there are times in life where you DESERVE to have a camera handy - not just wish!

So, Ace, how are you hatin' the V today...wish your experience with the car was going better :nono:

WW

#4 ·
Actually, I laid some spank down on an A4Turbo(clubbing a baby seal) and an S430(clubbing it's fat mother) the other night...the V was brilliant. Now it's in the shop for a leaking tranny...'till Monday afternoon they think...42 days in 9months....I really do love the car, but I'll never feel comfortable with it...always waiting for the call from my wife that she and my son are stranded somewhere...with gears and fluid strewn about....
I estimate another month....
So what's the 10lb bottle like? I never did it...afraid of addiction, and it's a no-no at the autox.
-ace

#5 ·
The 10 lb. Bottle has yet to be plumbed. While waiting for the maggie to come back, I mounted the bottle and hid some solenoids, wires. Then when the 2.6" pulley produced 9 psi I chickened out/decided it was unnecessary. Certainly don't need it in this weather.

I hear you entirely on the reliability issues. In 8 weeks I take off for a tour of Cali with the wife and kids. We'll take her car (Murano) partly because it is more comfortable for the kids, but MOSTLY because I know that it won't leave us stranded (knock on wood) and I DON'T KNOW THAT about the V. If I were going alone - V for sure. If it were the wife and I no kids - V for sure. But with the kids in tow - it makes me nervous. Pretty shitty since that's the reason I bought the 4 door 'vette anyway :cookoo:

Still love the car. Intend to build another motor for it at the point that I can back it up with a real drivetrain. Nothing like the looks on other drivers faces (especially chipped Audi's...gotta love it). Of course, there is an STI that runs around that will kill me off the line - but for some reason he likes triple digit racing where I smoke him everytime. Of course, I'm speaking hypothetically :lies:

WW

#7 ·
The wife would be oh so unhappy if the V failed us...she'd be yelling something about "...I told you to get the (insert competitor here)..."

Besides, my driver's license still has a handicap - and the Cali freeways are far too tempting to resist.

#10 ·
M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_Cayenne(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_CayenneS(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_CayenneTurbo(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_Cayenne(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_Cayenne(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_Cayenne(I know)_repeat_M5_S60R_E55AMG_C4S_Cayenne(I know)_repeat_Shit you should have just kept the RX8!

Where's that tracking number...FedEx is nearby and I'm nearly out of swill :D

#14 ·
Denniscars -

If the M5 were American Made (debate the reality of that all you wish to) I would buy it tonight...right now...but it isn't. And there are no bolt-ons. I'd have to spend my weekends at the track actually driving my toy instead of working on it :cookoo:

#18 ·
She's out spending enough $$$ tonight to make the M5 opportunity go away for a while. The 997, on the other hand, has her interest. She's thinking it would make a good "birthday present" for her next year.

I've always enjoyed buying birthday presents for others - especially when they fit me better!

April at the track. I promise that if there is anyway in hell I can, I will. Dates again (since I've been playing non-commital chicken)? Maybe somebody nearby can store my V for a week (Dreamin) if my wife and kids pick me up as we continue on to Monterey, LA, SD and beyond?

WW

#23 · (Edited)
ace996 said:
Funny, I've found the track-day usually squashes the aftermarketitis...to save money for more track-days!!!
-ace
:yeah: for tires/gas/race fees/bigger tow vehicle.... Now I want a F650 with a 40' car trailer with living quarters..:bouncy: because now I look like the beverly hillbillies...:violin:

Hi, I'm here to race...(even though it's a Ferd)
http://www.f650pickups.com/yellow.jpg
Is this cool or what?
http://www.sportprotrailers.com/trailers/v-living-quarter.html

#25 ·
Ace -

I buy all German equipment for my business (save for the MACS which plenty of you will flame me for - but they pay for themselves and so much more)...so touting American from me is silly. Let's see - German machines (no contest as to perfection though - they last forever, literally), using American plates (made in Germany) running paper from JAPAN (shit - I should have never said that) made from pulp recycled in AMERICA (there you go)...where was I going with this...oh yeah...F650 -nice rig :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.