CTS-V all go and no show??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V all go and no show?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The new CTS-V coming out in early 2004, all go and no show? They say its the "limited production ultra-performance ...
    carjunkie14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS-V all go and no show??

The new CTS-V coming out in early 2004, all go and no show? They say its the "limited production ultra-performance vehicle of Cadillac". Is this what they use to fill the gap to keep you wanting caddy till the V-16???It may be fast with a LS6 V8 producing 400 horses and 390 lb-ft of torque but does it live up to Cadillacs rep. for luxury vehicles???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CTS-V all go and no show??

Quote Originally Posted by carjunkie14
    The new CTS-V coming out in early 2004, all go and no show? They say its the "limited production ultra-performance vehicle of Cadillac". Is this what they use to fill the gap to keep you wanting caddy till the V-16???It may be fast with a LS6 V8 producing 400 horses and 390 lb-ft of torque but does it live up to Cadillacs rep. for luxury vehicles???
    Well it will live up to the luxury rep just as well as the base CTS does. What Caddy
    doesn't have is a rep for sporty vehicles and that is changing with the CTS and XLR
    and even more so with the CTS-V.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

First, you have to remember that Cadillac's 'rep. for luxury vehicles' has been tarnished as of late, so it's really not that hard to live up to. As for living up to the rest of the world, I don't believe you will be disappointed. The interior is of the same 'love it or hate it' design of the exterior of the car, but that is what makes it so great IMO. Standard Of The World luxury is part of the CTS-V package... and now it performs!!

Automobile magazine named the CTS-V one of their '50 Hottest New Cars'.

My favorite bits:

"At warp speeds of 150mph and above, the CTS-V is as solid and well planted as an M5."

"Around the Nurburgring, the V is heroic."

"Turn all the stability controls off, and you can steer the V through the side windows."

"The CTS-V is a better driver's car than the Jaguar S-type R, the Audi RS6, or the Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG."

Car and Driver have their first test drive of the CTS-V in the Sept. issue:

My favorite bits:

"Quite proud of it's creation, Cadillac invited us to the 'Ring to try out it's BMW beater to be."

"This chassis competence is critical because the CTS-V gains speed ferociously."

"Those figures make the V-series quicker than a BMW M3 or M5."

"...lapped the Nordschleife in 8 minutes and 19 seconds in the V - a better time than either M-car can turn."

"the engine produced a refined shriek that is far removed from the guttural roar it generates in a Corvette."

0 - 60: 4.7 seconds
    Standing 1/4: 13.1 @ 109mph
    400bhp and 390lb. ft. torque
    3850 lb. curb weight
    18 / 27 fuel EPA

What AutoWeek had to say:

"The CTS V-Series—GM’s first product to benefit from the work of the in-house garagistes (GM Performance Division)—is about to strafe the sport-sedan world."

“We want to be recognized for having the best performance powertrains in the world, that’s the bottom line,” says Performance Division director John Heinricy. “We’re doing it with our own in-house group because we believe we’re as good as anybody at doing it.”

"The CTS V behaves fabulously better than a straight-line superstar."

"With each stab at the throttle, you feel the LS6’s ruthless torque coarse through its meaty prop- and half-shafts, and you know you shouldn’t go any faster. But of course you do. This chassis makes you susceptible to the suggestions of that little devil on your shoulder: “Go ahead,” he whispers. “Do it.” "

"Through high, medium and low-speed corners, this car is world-class, yet still delivers more than a modicum of luxury livability."

"World-class? It might be in a class of its own. "

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Shh! We can't talk too loud about the V in our house. My vette is listening and is getting very, very nervous out in the garage.

The M5 is no match for the CTS-V in my opinion.I mean com'on a Caddy is a Caddy and theres no other competition BMW

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That's right Car Junkie!

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Any car with suede seat inserts is automatically superior to any other car on the market.....hmmmm i wonder why i would say that.....

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Looks really exciting, I cant wait to see some real performance videos and hopefully see some in person. If they can keep the quality up it could be the first real threat to come out of this class from this side of the pond in along time.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Looks really exciting, I cant wait to see some real performance videos and hopefully see some in person. If they can keep the quality up it could be the first real threat to come out of this class from this side of the pond in along time.
    I cant wait either!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.