Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Luna. 
#1 ·
Have you guys called goodyear???...im sure some have but just sharing some info in case some of you are in the same boat as me!

My tires are shot at 9000 miles so i call them.
Customer Service: 1-800-321-2136

They are giving me $263 toward a new set of Goodyears or Dunlops. So i decided to go with the WinterSport M3s DSST.

Hope that helps somone!

#4 ·
That never occurred to me...

#6 ·
V Amazed said:
damn, maybe i should have called them when my stock f1 runflats went bald at 3800 miles...

Ben
WOW!!!! HOw in the world do some of you on here drive these cars? I thought i drove it hard, but i guess i drive it like grandpa!
9000 miles, no diff wine, tires lasted about twice as some of the people on here and only prob so far is the CLUNK has gotten really relaly annoying and loud!

Maybe i need to re-evaulate my performance driving abilities!

#7 ·
naiculnila said:
WOW!!!! HOw in the world do some of you on here drive these cars? I thought i drove it hard, but i guess i drive it like grandpa!
9000 miles, no diff wine, tires lasted about twice as some of the people on here and only prob so far is the CLUNK has gotten really relaly annoying and loud!

Your time will come...

New tires: 15.8K

New differential: 19.8K

New transmission: 22K

#10 ·
naiculnila said:
Have you guys called goodyear???...im sure some have but just sharing some info in case some of you are in the same boat as me!

They are giving me $263 toward a new set of Goodyears or Dunlops. So i decided to go with the WinterSport M3s DSST.

Hope that helps somone!
What did they quote you for the four DSST's?

Tony

#13 ·
2004ctsv said:
What did they quote you for the four DSST's?

Tony
Well, in order to get that credit u have to buy the tires at an approved GoodYear retailer (JustTires for me), and my out of pocket for them is 80 bux a tire! So i'm looking at around 300+ dollars for the whole deal! Considerably better than paying 200+ per tire buying something different!

wildwhl: is traction that bad when dry? I'm in the NE area so i needed something for the winter just in case. Spring time i might just spring for some CCWs and some new rubber! But until then it the M3s will have to do!

#14 ·
Thanks NAICULNILA!!!
Your post could not have come at a better time. I'm at 9K and my tires are shot also.
I called the 800# for Goodyear and the lady gave me a file number to take to an authorized Goodyear Dealer. He called them and they said that accordihg to their information the tire should last 30K!!!? Don't laugh, that's what she showed on her computer and you know how accurate they are.

Anyway, they prorated the tire and are going to sell me new ones at $133 each. Plus mounting, balance etc. Total out the door price is $788.25 for the set.

The last thing I was wanting was another set of these tires but at this price they are cheaper than a non run flat and I couldn't turn it down. I was prepared to run on non run flat tires but I DO like the security of not having to worry about a flat.

Thanks again!!

#15 ·
naiculnila said:

Hope that helps somone!
Thanks man. I did this today. I had 12,000 miles and they were to the wear indicators and I called The number you gave me. The lady asked if I had been to a Goodyear dealer. I told her I had talked to Discount Tire. She gave me a case number and asked me to have Discount Tire Call them when they could look at the car. I went today and gave Discount Tire the phone number and the case number. He called and they gave me $214 per tire towards a new set of Goodyear F1 GS D3's. Total drive out with road force balancing, full road hazard warranty and taxes.................$400.00

The tires are supposed to go 30,000 miles and they prorated them accordingly

Goodyear Rocks.

#17 ·
naiculnila said:

Hope that helps somone!
They gave you $263 total or 263 per tire (263 *4)?

#22 ·
naiculnila said:

For that clunk maybe you can do what I did. When I took it to the dealer to have the FG2 shocks installed, in writing I noted the clunking in the rear and groaning front suspension. I asked that during the install they inspect front and rear suspension components and check torque values especially on the cradle bolts and pinion support in the rear. Clunk is gone.

And thanks for the Goodyear post. Too late for me, but many others will benefit. Forum Good Citizen Award to you, sir! :worship:

#23 ·
yes....they gave me a credit of 263 per tire thus coming out to 263*4 = 1052 credit toward whatever purchase!

When i spoke with the goodyear rep i was told that it doesnt' matter what you get as long as it is a GOODYEAR or DUNLOP branded tire!

The credit is applied at the approved retailer once you purchase the tires. So you can get whatever tire your little heart desires as long sa it's GOODYEAR or DUNLOP!

#24 ·
Goodyear wouldn't help me. I went to the dealer after I got my tire adjustment # and they put it on the alignment rack. The report said my LF was -1.2camber and my RR was -.10toe other tire settings ok. My front tire depths were between 5-6/32nds and rears were 2-3 32nds. Mileage 9300. Goodyear said my car was out of line(you can't tell by driving it...it steers perfect) and I had irregular wear????WTF???No credit for me Chris

#26 ·
Let me add to the list of CTS-V owners that is happy to read this thread...

I called Goodyear, got a case number started & took it to an authorized Goodyear distributor in my area. They examined my tires, took measurements of tread wear, and, when all was said and done, issued me a credit per tire of approx $90-$100/tire. Big savings!

I definitely recommend this for all V-owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.