Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wait a minute.... Wait a minute. The situation in this tread is very serious, we all agree. However, everyone got ...
    Harley Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire!

Wait a minute.... Wait a minute. The situation in this tread is very serious, we all agree. However, everyone got out OK. Only "stuff" was damages. It is kind of an American tradition to make lite of this type event after the smoke clears (sorry I could not resist) and evryone is OK. Lets lighten up, learn from the situation and yes, maby have a laugh or two.

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Agreed, since it’s “only stuff” it is precisely the reason it can be made fun of.

Plus the bunnies/kitties are Urby’s antidote to wildfires and we all feel obligated to pitch in. So think of urbanski as the Sikorsky helicopter dropping fire retardant on a wild fire rapidly approaching a car lot of V's…

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars
    Agreed, since it’s “only stuff” it is precisely the reason it can be made fun of.

Plus the bunnies/kitties are Urby’s antidote to wildfires and we all feel obligated to pitch in. So think of urbanski as the Sikorsky helicopter dropping fire retardant on a wild fire rapidly approaching a car lot of V's…

crowan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Stop it! Just stop it!

VELOSE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Denisscars and Heavymetals,
    I'll post some pics this week. The car currently sits in the garage taking a break. I drove it for a month while putting some serious miles and boost abuse. However, I did notice the screws to those clamps that tighten the air intake to the throttle body, are on top and rub against the pad under the hood. That is why I see that black powder. Either way, I'll take some pics of the harness and the powder I'm talking about.

If the car did have an electrical problem because of the pulley melting or slicing through the harness, the dealer would still cover it. They installed my "Maggie."

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Velose,
    Mine did too even though I had the worm gear to the side. The forward clamp band still rubbed the hood liner but not through. If the dealer put the worm gear on top I would ask for a new hood liner.

One advantage to the dealer installing things is that you shouldn't have the usual urinating contest on who did what.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/maggie/4.jpg

Peter Kelly Rodgers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by cchoi112 View Post
    So yesterday I was driving through Chinatown in Los Angeles around 5:30PM. As you can only imagine, there are hundreds of people on the street, and even more cars on the road. It's typical local gridlock in LA.

I'm waiting in a line of traffic, idleing in neutral, when smoke begins to seep through the hood. I think "oh crap" and hit the OnStar button. As I'm speaking to the operator, suddenly I see flames. The fire went strong for about 10 minutes, there's a hole in my hood that probably measures 5 square feet, and everything under the hood is toast. Smelted down to one big black block.

Anybody else have similar problems with this car or cars previous?

Thanks...
    I Just Had this same Incident happen to my 2007 CTS-V!!!!! It Caught on fire as i was Driving Home from work,,, Just got it Stopped and out before it went up in Flames !!!! Did GM do anything for you???
    The Dealership Had just put in a New Alternator and Battery ,, So They are to blame,

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

well maybe you will provide pictures since the other guy never did. Keep us updated on what happens.

justintiime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I love how its automatically the dealers fault since they just worked on it. What it the fire was totally unrelated to the previous repairs?

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

I'll be buying a fire extinguisher on my lunch break today which starts in 4 minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.