Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by koop Next time your car catches on fire, RUN AWAY SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL! And when its ...
    bobwhat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by koop
    Next time your car catches on fire,

RUN AWAY SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL!
    And when its your car on fire with your baby seat filled should I run away screaming like a girl. No I'll just stand on the curb holding my fire ext. laughing at your ignorance and watch you screaming to have someone help you to save your family! No, I would help you despite your being an ass. Way to go friend, really funny subject!

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Quote Originally Posted by VELOSE
    I'm patiently waiting for pics. Since I had my maggie installed, I've smelled plastic or rubber burning sometimes. I don't know if its that pulley that's way back by the firewall that might be rubbing on the fat wire harness or just the belt getting worn out. When I open my hood, I see all this black powder all over the supercharger and my guess is the serpentine belt is just wearing out.
    Velose, I would check really soon to see if you are rubbing the fat harness, I don't have any dust in the back of mine or smell. I remember that fat harness not being too happy about getting moved. Cutting that harness would be major bad and not covered under manufacturer warranty, maybe by the installers shop install warranty, but a big hassle none the less. That is suppose to be a 100k belt. Check to see if it may be hitting when the motor torques up.

bryce3 is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Man that really sucks!!! I hope your insurance gets you a new V with no questions asked. Maybe this is why all those rice rockets come with a coupon for a free fire extinguser????? They might not be crazy after all .
    -Sean

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

azombie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

some would say you are a moron for putting a baby in a car with 400hp to begin with but whatever

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Velose, that is not normal.

You have something rubbing.

Can you take some pics?

Open the hood and turn on the wipers and see if the linkage is rubbing or hitting the rear belt .

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

Quote Originally Posted by cchoi112
    Dooman...was your car under warranty at the time of the fire? I can see the logic behind the insurance company only wanting to pay for the parts damaged by the fire, but shouldn't Pontiac (or in this case, Cadillac) warranty the components that caused the fire?
    It was under warranty. I had it towed right to a Pontiac dealer that night and they denied any coverage, claimed it an electrical fire and sent me packing. I was only 19 at the time and maybe now I would have fought more. By the time it got fixed, it took 3 months. I tried everything at the time.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by azombie
    some would say you are a moron for putting a baby in a car with 400hp to begin with but whatever
    Oh come on. I put my kids' car seats in the GN all the time. It's not about how much HP the car has, it's about how the driver uses it. With kids or other people in the car I drive it like my minivan.

A fire extinguisher should be the first mod anyone makes. I keep mine in the trunk, which isn't the most convenient place in the event of a fire but I don't want to have to look at it. I've never had to use the one in the GN (knock on wood) but I did have to use the one in my Mustang. Evidently when Ford alternators go bad they sometimes create a dead short. The wiring caught fire, and the oily crud on the engine caught fire. I got to it quick enough to save my $3k blower and other mods. Just had to replace some wiring.

I hope the original poster's V was stock. Otherwise they may give you a hard time with covering the damage.

Jim

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by azombie
    what?

Barring sheer driver stupidity you really think that since it has 400HP it is more likely to crash than a Prius? How about the safety features Cadillac provides for your $50,000....they get negated by the LS6? So what's the back seat for? How about the STS-V gang with 460HP, they're worse morons for putting **gasp** their family in the car with them? I mean holy cow that's just a retarded statement....

bobwhat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I truly cannot believe you ass wipes that think this is somehow funny or a good reason to buy a new car. Just look at your own family burning in a car and then post some kind of smart ass remark. UN F==ing believable!!

SoFlaV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Last car fire I saw was back in late 2003; it was a 2004 Pontiac GTP being demo'd by the service manager for Bob Anderson Pontiac in Crown Point, IN. He was driving along and all of a sudden the cabin filled with smoke; he pulled over to the side of the road and watched her cook. Once they got it back to the shop, a tech found the Monsoon amp in the trunk had overheated; GM flatbedded it back to Detroit for teardown. It was a pretty impressive sight to see; everything back of the hood was toast.

I wonder if they'll do the same for your V. I sure as hell would want to know exactly what happened. And we need pics!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

That's a terrible thing to watch your V burn. If it helps here's a better thought. A BMW.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

My best friends coworker had a 90 Sedan deVille, It burned, the fire started in the engine bay, they think it was a fuel line or something. Anyways, after I heard this, i got really nervous about my car.

Barak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

And when its your car on fire with your baby seat filled should I run away screaming like a girl. No I'll just stand on the curb holding my fire ext. laughing at your ignorance and watch you screaming to have someone help you to save your family! No, I would help you despite your being an ass. Way to go friend, really funny subject!
    I truly cannot believe you ass wipes that think this is somehow funny or a good reason to buy a new car. Just look at your own family burning in a car and then post some kind of smart ass remark. UN F==ing believable!!
    If anyone is an ass wipe, it's you for bringing your mental complex to this forum.

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

well, we're back to bunnies...
    This going to be Green acres pretty soon...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.