Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My .02 . . . hope your insurance co. totals your V, cuz trying to repair all the underhood damage ...
    OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Fire! My 2005 V Caught On Fire!

My .02 . . . hope your insurance co. totals your V, cuz trying to repair all the underhood damage will be futile. You will always have problems and stuff not working right. I say that from my personal experience from putting the fire out on a Fix Or Repair Daily. I've learned to just walk away and let it burn to the ground.

barry007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...

sorry to hear about that...one down 2499 2005's to go (don't know how many '05's were produced)

i can hear the dealer now...sorry but this is not covered as you did not use the stock factory fuel and your tire pressure was set using a non-factory air compressor.
    b

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
    Wow man. All stock?...any aftermarket accesories...anything speaker/system wise?

If all stock.......that sucks.

bobwhat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My very first Mod. No CAI, no Cags, no Corsa. "A Fire Extinguser" Think Saftey and the rest will follow! (I have a picture to post but for some reason I'm internet unfriendly today) any help on picture posting?

Slywun is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

On the post reply window, you'll want to select 'manage attachments' which will bring up a window where you can 'browse' your local directories for the picture(s) and then 'upload'.....

I checked the TSB, thankfully my V isn't within the 'range', I would be interest to know if yours is....

bobwhat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Simple install that does not get in the way of your passenger and you can reach it in a pinch! I've needed one in the past and I will never be caught with my pants down again!
    Attached Images

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by bobwhat
    Simple install that does not get in the way of your passenger and you can reach it in a pinch! I've needed one in the past and I will never be caught with my pants down again!
    Next time your car catches on fire,

RUN AWAY SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL!

cchoi112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unfortunately, my phone crapped out on me today, so no pics. However, if it's still at the dealership when I pay them a visit, I will take many many pics and post them all.

So now the question is...what car to buy next???

It's quite difficult. If I totalled a Camry, I could opt for an Accord or a Maxima. Wreck an Explorer? How 'bout a Tahoe, 4Runner or Pathfinder?

I've decided that the V has no equal in terms of what it offers in performance, luxury, style, practicality, at $50k.

With that in mind, I was thinking about the '06V, Audi S4 and that's about it.

Texan V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If I were replacing my V today, I would likely go with the new 06 Infinity M45 w/ sport package. Hands down the finest interior out imo. All voice controlled gadgets, push button start, bluetooth, A/C seats, reverse camera, 4 wheel stearing etc. Pretty decent specs, only prob is that it's an auto trans.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Get a used Porsche C4S. That's what I'd do anyway

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The recall on the fuel pipe indicates that there is a problem with meeting emission specs. There is no mention of any problems with breakage resulting in a significant loss of fuel. Under the circumstances, it seems unlikely that the problem was caused by not having the fuel pipe replaced. In the worst case, the lack of an adequate emissions barrier in the pipe might mean that there could be some excessive fuel vapors present, but that should not cause a fire. However, even though there is no obvious direct connection, I could see GM trying to make a case for not honoring the warranty if the fuel pipe has not been replaced.

VELOSE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'm patiently waiting for pics. Since I had my maggie installed, I've smelled plastic or rubber burning sometimes. I don't know if its that pulley that's way back by the firewall that might be rubbing on the fat wire harness or just the belt getting worn out. When I open my hood, I see all this black powder all over the supercharger and my guess is the serpentine belt is just wearing out.

Either way, your fire was not caused by a supercharger so that has me wondering if maybe it's not my supercharger and something else. Let's get those pics up so we can have our CTS-V CSI team investigate the cause.

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

I had a fire in my Quad4 Grand Am back in 1991. The ins. co would only pay for the 'damage caused by the fire', not the part that actually caused it. They were seeing it as electrical fire and it melted the wires all the way to the guages from the engine compartment, they wanted me to foot the bill about $2500 for the replacement of the complete harness. I ripped that whole thing apart and found a split fuel line (which was replaced once under recall), brought it to them and they had to ante up the whole bill now only minus the cost of the fuel line.

CaddyGeek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

1991 Grand-AM... hmmm

I had a 1992 Grand-Prix with the 3.4 V6... anyway, I start the car one cold morning to defrost the winshield and go back in the house to grab my stuff. I come back outside and the car is smoking. I open the hood only to see flames! I shut the car off, run back inside and grab a fire extinguisher. I put the fire out and call the dealer to come get the car. As I wait for the truck I see the shredded and charred remains of a squirrel. I had gotten home pretty late the night before and apparently he crawled into the engine compartment to keep warm and make a snack out of some plug wires. I don't remember how much it was to fix (happened in the winter of 92'), but it was covered under our home owner's policy. Took about 2 weeks to fix the car. The-End.

cchoi112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dooman...was your car under warranty at the time of the fire? I can see the logic behind the insurance company only wanting to pay for the parts damaged by the fire, but shouldn't Pontiac (or in this case, Cadillac) warranty the components that caused the fire?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.