To V or not to V.... That is the question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, To V or not to V.... That is the question. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm looking at a 04 w/ 32k on it and from the words of the dealer it's pristine without a ...
    keenebean is offline Cadillac Owners Member

To V or not to V.... That is the question.

I'm looking at a 04 w/ 32k on it and from the words of the dealer it's pristine without a scratch or dent. Clean carfax 2 owner one averaging 800 miles/yr... I'm buying over internet without seeing/driving car.

The Cadillac dealership is Asking 22k for it... Which seems fair based on market? I've never bought over net... And don't think I'm going to be able to negotiate much.

Looks like it has k&n intake... But don't know of any other mods.

What questions should I ask service manager as he did inspection today and will be sending report....?

Thanks!

-nervous buyer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

austinls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, Black, Borla exhaust

Re: To V or not to V.... That is the question.

If you are dead set on this car, there may me a forum member that lives in this city that could take a look aat it. $22K seems steep, even with the low miles. Market price with say 110,000 miles can range from $9000 to $14,000. What dealer and city is it?

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

its a lot of car for that kind of money but do you have or can you get that kind of funding? You'll probably need a big down payment because, just guessing here, loan value on a 10 year old car probably isn't going to be that high.

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

That does seem kind of steep...as an example CarMax (of all places) has an 07 V w/ only 5k miles on it for 31k. My 07 that has 64k miles on it I got for under 18k (granted it wasn't the cleanest).

If they have a full history, it has had a gen 4 diff replacement done, and will leave you with some spare money for the maintenance/mods that will be inevitable then I say go for it. I am on my second for a reason.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The price is on the high side but with that mileage and condition it may be a great find. Factor in what it's going to cost to get the car to you as well. Couple of great points especially about the location of the car so someone can check it out for you. Condition is subjective so you may think it's no where near as nice as the dealer described.

VaThumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V

I got a new to me 04 V back in early Jan and it had 25,500 miles and I paid $20,000 for it and like the one you are looking at it is almost perfect!
    Haven't looked back even once. Great car at a price I could handle so I am 1 happy camper!

Big_kid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

I gave up a prestige 87 Buick grand national with 95k miles for a 04 with 130k and haven't looked back

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It is a dealership. Fair for dealer price. But I wouldn't pay more than $20G. But for the miles, I would pay that...

Quote Originally Posted by 2007-V
    That does seem kind of steep...as an example CarMax (of all places) has an 07 V w/ only 5k miles on it for 31k. My 07 that has 64k miles on it I got for under 18k (granted it wasn't the cleanest). If they have a full history, it has had a gen 4 diff replacement done, and will leave you with some spare money for the maintenance/mods that will be inevitable then I say go for it. I am on my second for a reason.
    How much is a gen 4 diff replacement?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by VaThumper
    I got a new to me 04 V back in early Jan and it had 25,500 miles and I paid $20,000 for it and like the one you are looking at it is almost perfect! Haven't looked back even once. Great car at a price I could handle so I am 1 happy camper!
    Great! I got them down to 21k so we're looking pretty good.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by alradco
    The price is on the high side but with that mileage and condition it may be a great find. Factor in what it's going to cost to get the car to you as well. Couple of great points especially about the location of the car so someone can check it out for you. Condition is subjective so you may think it's no where near as nice as the dealer described.
    D'Ella Buick GMC Cadillac
    Today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Tomorrow: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    293 Quaker Rd, Queensbury, NY 12804
    (518) 793-3871

[QUOTE=keenebean;12473521]How much is a gen 4 diff replacement?[COLOR="Silver"]

My 05 had it done under warranty and if I remember correctly it was almost 2k dealer cost (mine was zero). It had right at 58k on it (and was whining) and the dealer did it for me so that I wouldn't have to worry about it after the warranty ran out at 60k miles. I had done all the maintenance since I owned it and they had its records from new....and they were one of the great dealer service centers out there...so it all worked out.

My 07 already has it.

I will say that the gen 4 diff will make it tougher to install the diff bushing when you do it, but its a worthy tradeoff....lol

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

"Steep?" With 32k on the clock?!! C'mon guys, that's $22k for a V with only 32k miles. Doesn't sound steep to me, especially if it's as "pristine" as they're saying.
    keenebean likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Buying tomorrow 2.74% for full loan amount. Very excited. Haven't stopped watching videos
    rand49er, ben.gators and 2007-V like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by keenebean View Post
    Buying tomorrow 2.74% for full loan amount. Very excited. Haven't stopped watching videos
    Congratulations! And 2.74% is a great rate for a used car!

No kidding, 2.74 would've been a welcome rate on mine......lol

Took delivery today! Amazing condition! Drives great! Need new shifter ASAP ! How many hrs of labor expected?
    rand49er, ben.gators and 2007-V like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.