Got My First Ticket in 21 years
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got My First Ticket in 21 years in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was driving through Mount Airy, MD and I saw two Maryland State Police cars, one on each side of ...
    GT04CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): No GET-RAG or GM products

Got My First Ticket in 21 years

I was driving through Mount Airy, MD and I saw two Maryland State Police cars, one on each side of the road. I checked my speed, was doing 25 mph. The speed limit was 30. The cop pointed at the V and motioned for me to pull over. He then told me that I was pulled over for not having a front license plate. He asked for my license and registration and asked if it was my car. I thought to myself, is this a trick question? I just gave you my license and registration and guess what, the names match - - Dufus.

He returned to the car with a ticket for $55. What a piece of crap, no warning. He told me that they were checking for seat belt violations. Stinking revenue cops - - - I then asked him what the speed limit was - he told me that he had no idea.

I asked if I had to take the car to an inspection station to verify that the tag was installed. He said, nope, just pay the ticket. He also mentioned that I could get pulled over on the way home for not having the front tag. I said, Do you mean that your bud on the other side of the road could pull me over again - He respond - yep, but most likely wouldn't.

The funny thing is I have no idea how to mount a front tag on the V, not to mention that it detracts from the look.

I left with a nice roar of the Maggie and Magnflows. Man - Thanks to officers like him, the road is a much safer place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Got My First Ticket in 21 years

Your lucky you didn't get a real *****.

That gives them probable cause.

Next question is "Do you mind if I search your car?"

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Not sure how to mount a front tag without screwing up the front bumper, but mine had a place for a front tag when I bought it. IMHO, it's not worth not putting a front tag in MD--don't give them any reason for pulling you over...and don't even think of driving anywhere here on the Eastern Shore if your car doesn't have a front tag..unless you want to see what traffic court over here is like. Just go to the Cadillac dealer and buy the plate holder--I'm sure it just screws right into the bumper cover directly, but I can check if you want.

BTW, LOTS of police around today, in every kind of vehicle you could imagine--never seen anything like it...

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by keeksv
    Not sure how to mount a front tag without screwing up the front bumper, but mine had a place for a front tag when I bought it. IMHO, it's not worth not putting a front tag in MD--don't give them any reason for pulling you over...and don't even think of driving anywhere here on the Eastern Shore if your car doesn't have a front tag..unless you want to see what traffic court over here is like. Just go to the Cadillac dealer and buy the plate holder--I'm sure it just screws right into the bumper cover directly, but I can check if you want.

BTW, LOTS of police around today, in every kind of vehicle you could imagine--never seen anything like it...
    There are lots of threads about front plates on this forum, including discussions about the stock mounting and alternate (no holes) mountings, and the risks and rewards of driving without a front plate in a "front plate" state.

I live in a front plate state, my front plate is in the trunk....I don't drink and drive and haven't had so much as a pot seed in one of my cars in over 20 years (to my knowledge) ....so I'll risk it.

joshdctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 300c SRT-8

Just pay it and move on. I got one in the V and one every other year for the Vette. If you're willing to pay good money for mods, you're willing to pay $50 not to ruin your bumper.

FYI, Texas finally gave up this year and went down to one license plate. Someone decided they could save money that way.

GT04CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): No GET-RAG or GM products

Quote Originally Posted by joshdctsv
    Just pay it and move on. I got one in the V and one every other year for the Vette. If you're willing to pay good money for mods, you're willing to pay $50 not to ruin your bumper.

FYI, Texas finally gave up this year and went down to one license plate. Someone decided they could save money that way.

Agree - My feelings exactly.

GT

crowan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The federal government makes the states show that they are enforcing certain safety laws (seat belts, DWI etc.) as a condition of getting federal highway money, hence the periodic enforcement spikes from time to time. Labor day weekend is a traditional time for major traffic enforcement operations.

If points are not involved and the fine is $55, I would pay it immediately and forget about it. If you drill holes in your bumper, you will be annoyed for as long as you own the car. Consider it the cost of keeping your car looking good, like periodic detailing.

CR

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Yeah, about once every year I get the trifecta: No front plate, tinted windows, no seatbelt. It's $225 but worth it to express my own sense of personal freedom.

Just consider it a "cool guy" tax. For being a cool guy, you have to pay $250 or so in tax. Or in your case, maybe $50 a year -- a real bargain.

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

I got pulled over for no plate in my Silvy SS. No ticket, just a written warning. I really don't see a point in the front plate law.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

BliTzer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Get that new retractable front plate holder.. leave off.. if ya get pulled over flip the switch.. when they walk too the front it will go like this... my mistake sir, thought you didnt have one.. have a good day.. lol

I seen em on ebay too... they look pretty cool. if i had to have a front plate, thats the one i would use... looks like you dont have one, until you need it.

latr blitzer

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

blitzer, you got links? I'm looking on ebay but only finding chopper ones. Sounds interesting.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Cops never seem to pull you over when you have extra time so why give them a reason to pull you over in the first place. First they pull you over for no plate, then they tell you were five over, check your registration and license, check your car for anything remotely illegal (you be surprised what they can use in this catagory). I got pulled over before my perm plate came in because I didn't have a front plate mount. The cop wasted 1/2 hour of my time but was clearly looking for DWI or other infractions.

Don't give them a reason to waste your time.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Here in CA (where I got my no front plate tix) they tag you while parked, no hep having the front plate in the car with you

Lovely.

BliTzer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Let me see if i can find it.. i just seen it like 2 weeks ago, there was several... Also how i found out about it, someone on this forum made a post about it.. might ought to post who knows info about retractable plate platform.
    i will keep looking though, i will find it.

later blitzer

qweegybo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by benjet View Post
    Here in CA (where I got my no front plate tix) they tag you while parked, no hep having the front plate in the car with you

Lovely.
    When imive back to cali, i plan on keeping my arkansas registration (business application) and they only give you one lisence plate. Will i still get a ticket in Cali even though i'm registered in Arkansas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.