Got My First Ticket in 21 years - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got My First Ticket in 21 years in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Nope, as long as you are registered with another state, you should be fine. I'm a FL resident (with the ...
    rdjiv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Got My First Ticket in 21 years

Nope, as long as you are registered with another state, you should be fine. I'm a FL resident (with the one plate) and haven't been bothered in MD, VA, or here in CA.

AirCav is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AmesCTS-V View Post
    I got pulled over for no plate in my Silvy SS. No ticket, just a written warning. I really don't see a point in the front plate law.
    It's a nice flat, conveniently located, reflective surface. It's where they aim the laser. In fact, some States have increased the reflective coating specifically for that reason.

(Oh, you meant that you couldn't think of a "legitimate" reason for a front plate?)

korizzle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by qweegybo View Post
    When imive back to cali, i plan on keeping my arkansas registration (business application) and they only give you one lisence plate. Will i still get a ticket in Cali even though i'm registered in Arkansas?
    yeah you most likely will...when i was living in arizona, while registered in arizona, with an arizona driver's license, i drove back to my parent's home in california one weekend and got pulled over and ticketed for window tint that is legal in az but illegal in ca...i dont remember the exact percentage...i think 35% tint - it was like 8 years ago. the cop said that it doesn't matter that i live in az...my car was illegal according to the state i was driving in, therefore, i can be (and was) cited.

btw...way to bring a thread back from the dead - you must have been reeeeeaaaally bored today

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by korizzle View Post
    yeah you most likely will...when i was living in arizona, while registered in arizona, with an arizona driver's license, i drove back to my parent's home in california one weekend and got pulled over and ticketed for window tint that is legal in az but illegal in ca...i dont remember the exact percentage...i think 35% tint - it was like 8 years ago. the cop said that it doesn't matter that i live in az...my car was illegal according to the state i was driving in, therefore, i can be (and was) cited.

btw...way to bring a thread back from the dead - you must have been reeeeeaaaally bored today
    Wrong, you ABSOLUTELY will not get ticketed. I am from Indiana and spent the first 2 years of my driving career on the border between Indiana (only back plate) and Illinois (both plates) and have NEVER gotten ticketed. Window tint is a COMPLETELY different issue. I did however get ticketed in Illinois for having more then 6" of total sticker height on the back window of my Jeep!

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

I was caught behind some 80 year old in a Q45 in the fast lane the other day when I see a truck ahead hit his brakes. Its a well known spot just past a rise that Troopers sit, so I always check my speed through there anyway. Grandpa slows to 66 in a 70 when he sees the cop and coasts by on a 3 lane Interstate. I on the other hand push in the clutch and throw some Corsa notes at him since he was nice enough to get out of the car and hold his radar like a bazooka, at a whopping 65 MPH. His head was on a swivel trying to figure out where it came from, since it couldnt have been that Cadillac.

Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Wrong, you ABSOLUTELY will not get ticketed. I am from Indiana and spent the first 2 years of my driving career on the border between Indiana (only back plate) and Illinois (both plates) and have NEVER gotten ticketed. Window tint is a COMPLETELY different issue. I did however get ticketed in Illinois for having more then 6" of total sticker height on the back window of my Jeep!
    with all due repect, skull, cali is a whole different animal when it comes to automobile restrictions...this state (i moved back here 7 years ago - brief stint in az, haha) goes out if its way to screw everyone on the road. you might be right, and perhaps window tint and front plates will be treated differently, but i don't think so and wouldn't risk it - the last thing you want is to have a couple beers after work, not be drunk but possibly flirtin with the legal limit, and then get pulled over for not having a front plate even though you thought your out of state registration was your shield.

cop told me that no matter where you're registered, you're driving within the jurisdiction of a state's law, therefore you're subject to that state's law. just as i violated ca law with my window tint, a missing front plate is a violation as well - and if the cop wants to be a dick about it, it seems to me that one could be cited.

quick google search: http://blog.wired.com/cars/2006/03/no_plate_great_.html

check out the last post on this blog...looks like this guy from tx with tx plates driving in ca got busted for no front plates...which lead to other troubles. looks like you only have 10 days of being in ca with the other registration before you can have your car impounded!

sorry skull, but it looks like in ca, you will get busted for no front plate, regardless of where you're from...i do trust your word about indiana and illinois however. i've never been though, so i have no experience with the laws there.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by korizzle View Post
    with all due repect, skull, cali is a whole different animal when it comes to automobile restrictions...this state (i moved back here 7 years ago - brief stint in az, haha) goes out if its way to screw everyone on the road. you might be right, and perhaps window tint and front plates will be treated differently, but i don't think so and wouldn't risk it - the last thing you want is to have a couple beers after work, not be drunk but possibly flirtin with the legal limit, and then get pulled over for not having a front plate even though you thought your out of state registration was your shield.

cop told me that no matter where you're registered, you're driving within the jurisdiction of a state's law, therefore you're subject to that state's law. just as i violated ca law with my window tint, a missing front plate is a violation as well - and if the cop wants to be a dick about it, it seems to me that one could be cited.

quick google search: http://blog.wired.com/cars/2006/03/no_plate_great_.html

check out the last post on this blog...looks like this guy from tx with tx plates driving in ca got busted for no front plates...which lead to other troubles. looks like you only have 10 days of being in ca with the other registration before you can have your car impounded!

sorry skull, but it looks like in ca, you will get busted for no front plate, regardless of where you're from...i do trust your word about indiana and illinois however. i've never been though, so i have no experience with the laws there.
    Dude, you can't be serious. What, are you suppose to get a California plate at the border as you enter the state? That makes no sense. Tint is one thing because it is a modification and each state has its regulations. But the if the car is registered in a one plate state, they can not give you a ticket for one plate.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Additionally, your post of that google search and the guy from Texas has more to do with a question as to residence since he had spent a few months in California. It doesn't say that if he was just a Texas resident vacationing or driving through the area that he would still be responsible...

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

On my old cts i got a "fix-a-ticket" basically you just had to bring it down to the station and show them that you mounted it....I got some weather stripping and two bolts and washers and bolted it on for an hour. Went to show them i fixed it. But the funny thing was the cop didnt even look at it he just asked me if i did. I said yes and he singed the ticket and it was over LOL.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

ehhh.. at least u didn't get pulled for going 114, then get a 'not displaying front plate' AND tint ticket on top of that... VA is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Dude, you can't be serious. What, are you suppose to get a California plate at the border as you enter the state? That makes no sense. Tint is one thing because it is a modification and each state has its regulations. But the if the car is registered in a one plate state, they can not give you a ticket for one plate.
    i agree that it's ridiculous, but the point of that quote was just to show that a guy with a car registered out of state was pulled over for not having a front plate - that means, that it is still a violation in ca to drive with no front plate regardless of where you are registered.

you're right, jim, that guy is talking about spending a long time in the state, not just a brief trip or something...but...that is irrelevant. he was ultimately slammed because he hadn't registered his car within the 10 allowed days - if you're only there for 9 days, for example, you don't have to worry about it, but it appears that you are still subject to california vehicle code - hence he was pulled over for something so frivolous as not having a front plate.

also, let's not forget, i was told by the ******* cop that pulled me over that it doesn't matter where my car and i call home, when in california, if i'm violating their law, i can be cited.

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMY04V View Post
    On my old cts i got a "fix-a-ticket" basically you just had to bring it down to the station and show them that you mounted it....I got some weather stripping and two bolts and washers and bolted it on for an hour. Went to show them i fixed it. But the funny thing was the cop didnt even look at it he just asked me if i did. I said yes and he singed the ticket and it was over LOL.
    haha, same thing happened to me a couple years ago with my exhaust! ticketed for it being too loud so i went to a muffler shop had it changed (bought the car with the loud exhaust) to something quiet...took it to be verified and no one even looked at it. pissed me off actually.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Holy Thread resurection Batman.

Gary sold his V like 2 years ago. Hell Blitzer posted in this thread (ahh the good old days).

-Chris

Kudos for using search though.
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    Holy Thread resurection Batman.

Gary sold his V like 2 years ago. Hell Blitzer posted in this thread (ahh the good old days).

-Chris

Kudos for using search though.
    ...good times, good times...

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by keeksv View Post
    ...good times, good times...
    Try my Schwetty Balls....

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.