Problems with PA15 VETTE iPod adapter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Problems with PA15 VETTE iPod adapter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My iPod adapter, USA SPEC PA15 VETTE, is malfunctioning. I have a 2004 CTS-V. After 1 minute of playing anything, ...
    JFC
    JFC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Problems with PA15 VETTE iPod adapter

My iPod adapter, USA SPEC PA15 VETTE, is malfunctioning. I have a 2004 CTS-V.

After 1 minute of playing anything, it skips to the next item of the same type. If I am listening to a podcast, it skips to the next podcast title. Not the next episode of the same series, but to the next podcast title. If I am listening to a music playlist, it skips to the next playlist.

The time may be consistent, very close to a minute, and I wonder if I am in some mode where it scans.

This adpater has always been unreliable. In the past turning the car off for a while or disconnecting the battery has helped unconfuse the radio system, but not this time. I have tried two different iPod classics with the same results.

This happens if I put the player on pause, connect it, and turn on the radio. It happens if I select an item through the (difficult) radio interface. It doesn't matter if the iPod is on hold; for a while I had suspected vibration causing inadvertent button presses.

Any advice?

I'm about to start a long road trip and I don't want to have to resort to an FM modulator.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Big_kid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Re: Problems with PA15 VETTE iPod adapter

I have one of these that I'm not using. It was in the car when I bought it. The condition is unknown. Make me an offer plus the six Bux to ship it to you and it's yours.

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I have had two of these (one in each V)...but never had this issue. My only issue was in my 07 the box would draw so much power that it would drain a brand new battery in about 2 hours....which sucked....literally.

Juan_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_kid
    I have one of these that I'm not using. It was in the car when I bought it. The condition is unknown. Make me an offer plus the six Bux to ship it to you and it's yours.
    how much I need one!! Lol

MarkOne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

anyone wanting to add a "plug in & play" aux kit, i found this one: http://www.kawal.net/auxinput.htm#Alternative%203

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.