Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Problems with PA15 VETTE iPod adapter

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MarkOne 
#1 ·
My iPod adapter, USA SPEC PA15 VETTE, is malfunctioning. I have a 2004 CTS-V.

After 1 minute of playing anything, it skips to the next item of the same type. If I am listening to a podcast, it skips to the next podcast title. Not the next episode of the same series, but to the next podcast title. If I am listening to a music playlist, it skips to the next playlist.

The time may be consistent, very close to a minute, and I wonder if I am in some mode where it scans.

This adpater has always been unreliable. In the past turning the car off for a while or disconnecting the battery has helped unconfuse the radio system, but not this time. I have tried two different iPod classics with the same results.

This happens if I put the player on pause, connect it, and turn on the radio. It happens if I select an item through the (difficult) radio interface. It doesn't matter if the iPod is on hold; for a while I had suspected vibration causing inadvertent button presses.

Any advice?

I'm about to start a long road trip and I don't want to have to resort to an FM modulator.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.