B&M installed... Yessss! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, B&M installed... Yessss! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Okay, re-e-e-al stupid ques: Where the heck do you buy a little piece of "dynamat" for this purpose?...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: B&M installed... Yessss!

Okay, re-e-e-al stupid ques: Where the heck do you buy a little piece of "dynamat" for this purpose?

3rdstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    Okay, re-e-e-al stupid ques: Where the heck do you buy a little piece of "dynamat" for this purpose?
    lol...not so stupid! I actually was able to pick up a left over piece from my friend who had it lieing around.

Mikes V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    Based upon the positive reviews I've read here on the forum, I ordered a B&M shifter yesterday ... it's being shipped today, so I should have it installed before this weekend. I can't wait. The price was right, too ... < 2 bills to my door.
    Who did you order it from? Do you have a contact over there?

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdstreet
    B&M is a short shifter - it shortens the length of your 'throws' so that you can shift from gear to gear much quicker. (it does not shorten the height of your shifter in your car - just the length of getting the shifter into gear).

There are NO dumb questions.
    Just for my info...

Is B&Ms shifter shorten the throw close to what the UUC shifter does? Just curious is all.

3rdstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I never tried the UUC shifter...but my guess would be it's the same or darn near.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Mikes V: If you do search on this forum, there are a couple of threads that sorta compare UUC and B&M shifters. In there, someone (can't remember who at the moment due to laziness, primarily) says to go on e-bay ... well, sure enough, if you enter "b&m shifter cts-v", up it comes along with several others. Randy

calicadi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT
    calicadi and TXSilverV,

What kind of labor time are we looking at for do-it-yourselfers? How about for an experienced shop with a lift? Thanks Boys.

-MB
    Mine was between 4 and 5 hours (including the 20 minute test drive). Also why have a desk job. Where the extra time went: a) Horsin' around with ramps then baggin' it and just using jack stands. b) There's a cover plate and dust boot under the boot you see. It's held in by 4 nuts on long studs and two bolts. Two of the nuts are tucked up under the console, you can't get to 'em with normal deep socket and rachet. If I had a ratcheting 10mm box end it would have saved a half hour or more, easy. Oh, and all the studs had thread sealer on 'em for extra aggrevation. c) Drilling out the rivets that hold the stock shift rod to the adapter plate took time. If you have a reversible drill, make sure it's going in the right direction (go ahead and laugh, I did, too! Doh!) d) Getting the new shift rod aligned in the yoke and the pivot assembly lined up with the adapter plate took time and that's where I needed another pair of hands. You're working blind trying to do it by yourself from the top (inside the car). Goes much faster if someone (my fabulous wife in my case) jiggles things from the top (get you minds out of the gutter!) while you lie in wait beneath and pounce when the holes line up (again with the gutter!). Watch out for all the metal shavings from the rivet drilling when you crawl back under and look up (good thing I wear glasses!)

I'll bet I could do another one in the two hours the B&M instructions estimates. Lift doesn't matter. Experience rules! Oh, and I have the Corsa exhaust. Don't know if that makes movement more resticted or not, I suspect more. The shifter is directly above the Corsa resonators. But I'm blessed with hands like a lady (5'10"/170) and can get in pretty tight places (don't go there!). If you're a big fella with hands to match, find a partner in crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Staxxin
    I've see in other threads that the noise is so bad that they pulled the B&M out and replaced it with a UUC. I'm presently in the market for a short shifter and If I can save $200 and go with the B&M I will. Can somone elaborate on the noise? It's really a concern for me.

Thanks!!!!
    Noise-wise, mine just passed the ultimate test... fabulous wife and I went for a ride, her first since the install. I specifically told her what to listen for. First we drove around town between crawl and 35 MPH, on asphalt in generally good shape and lots of up and down shifting for stop-n-go. Then a jog down the expressway up to 6th gear, cruise for a while, then the return loop. In both the town and expressway segments, ran portions with radio and A-C on (normally how we cruise), and in “tomb mode” with the radio and A/C off. Both modes were with windows up. Her verdict… “No big deal”. That’s like heaps of praise from her. The Corsa exhaust and tire noise are more invasive than the gears. Looks like I won’t need the Dynamat.

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Great test, Thanks!!!

I’m wondering for my own sanity, if I go with the B&M just have it installed with the Dynamat. I found small pack on Crutchfield for $14 so I’d still be saving money over the UUC. Does anyone have any pictures or instructions for installing the Dynamat on the B&M?

Thanks!!!!!

Ross Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I want one. You sold me. Do you guys have a contact number?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Racing
    I want one. You sold me. Do you guys have a contact number?
    I got mine from Racerwheel.com. List was $214. They had a special in July, $20 off. That covered the shipping, so with tax, bottm line was $230.33. Check around the web. eBay, etc, you may find a better deal. Part number is 45067. Good luck!

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by calicadi
    I got mine from Racerwheel.com. List was $214. They had a special in July, $20 off. That covered the shipping, so with tax, bottm line was $230.33. Check around the web. eBay, etc, you may find a better deal. Part number is 45067. Good luck!
    Ebay has three on there right now. I believe 2 were under $200 shipped. I still have mine in the box with my two tone shifter boot. Hoping my new dealer will install it for me.

sundevil05ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V w/ goodies, 98 SS Camaro w/ LS1, 95 Impala ss lt1

Can someone please provide me with a online link to where I can buy the B&M Short shifter for my 05 CTS-V... I have been looking everywhere online, not even B&M web page was helpful... HELP!

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

I was going to get PISINUOFF's mod'd stock one, it was going to be a Christmas gift this past year...so I needed a legit place for my parents to buy a shifter. (sounds like I'm a kid again asking Santa) I found a B&M at Atlantic Speed, but the link to it appears to have been closed. Try calling and see where their stock went because they claimed to have a few.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

I believe B&M quit making it get a short shifter from pissnuoff as stated above or call luke at lindsay for uuc short shifter which wever way you go get a weighted knob for even better feel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.