Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Vegas V 
#1 ·
On May of 2004 while at my local Caddilac dealer, I saw a CTS-V for the first time, that's when I new I had to have one of this cars, at the time I was there servicing my 01 Deville which I still have and I plan to keep for a while, well, I remember that the V that I saw in the show room, had slotted rotors, I don't know if there where aftermarket or upgraded OEM rotors, but I do remember that very well, as a matter of fact that was what caught my attention that day, to see such a small car with such big brakes on it, I didn't know that the V had the LS6 motor in it, my question today is, does anyone have slotted or crossed drilled rotors on their cars?? or is there a company that makes this type of rotors??:confused:

Jose

#8 ·
The only company that I have run across that has your choice of drilled, slotted or combo in either a one piece or two piece rotor (for the CTS-V) is KVR out of Canada...

Very pricey for the two pieces. Search KVR for previous links with details from a member that has them.

#9 ·
I took my rotors to a local shop here in southern cali and I'm having them slotted. $20 each....not a bad deal if you ask me. They'll even cross drill them to for the same price, but I wanted to maintain the integrity of my rotors. I'd hate for them to crack and have to replace them massive things. I'll post pics up once I have them on. Should be by this weekend.

#11 ·
The OEM cross drilled rotors just got released this month. Ask your dealer. He should have gotten some kind of paperwork for it.

My friend who is the GM at my dealership is giving me a price tomorrow.

#14 ·
PneuBird said:
Dealer called me last month and said they were available. GM cross drilled rotors and were going to cost me $700.00 for all for installed!!! Not cheap but damm they looked good!!! :bang2: :burn: :2thumbs:
Yes, that is not cheap, but once again, if something hapens to the rotors, they should be cover under warrantee, I called Baer yesterday and they told me that they have nothing for the CTS-V, I'm going to call my local dealer once I get back from Hawaii next week.:dance: :woohoo: :band:

#19 ·
markbinkc said:
Yeah, they're $350 per pair. The part number is 88964607 for fronts, and -4608 for the rears. GM parts direct didn't have anything for these numbers though.

Mark
I called 2 local dealers and those part numbers are not in their system, they both told me that those are not good part numbers, can it be that their system has not been updated with this parts in it, perhaps you can go back and provide a number for the dealer that gave you those numbers.

Jose

#20 ·
I just got off the phone w/ Tom Peacock Cadillac in Houston and they saw the part number for the rears with the description of "rotor kit" but they couldn't find anything for the part number for the fronts. They said they would call GM and get back with me. I'll post what I hear unless someone else beats me to it.

#22 ·
Vegas V said:
I called 2 local dealers and those part numbers are not in their system, they both told me that those are not good part numbers, can it be that their system has not been updated with this parts in it, perhaps you can go back and provide a number for the dealer that gave you those numbers.

Jose
Major Cadillac at 816-756-3300 (Kansas City, Mo.).

#25 ·
Called Major cadillac, talked to Dale in the parts department, he told me that the part number for the fronts is not a good part number and the 4608 number was for rotors, $500.00 per kit, I'm supposed to call him back to see if the price includes 1, 2 or all 4 rotors, I'll let you guys know.

Also checked GMpartsdirect.com and they only show the 4608 part to be a rotor and the price us $294.00 and it only supposed to be one, so I guess cost for 2 rotors is over $600.00 I don't know but I think the price is a little high, I'm going to call the company out of Canada and see what the price is for all 4 rotors, on a one piece and two piece.

Jose

#26 ·
OK guys, here is some info on the 2 peice rotors from KVR performance, I talked to them on the phone and this is the info I got.

On the 2 piece rotors, they sell them by the set, wich includes 2 rotors, you can either buy a front set or the rear set, if you need to buy all 4 rotors, then you need to buy 2 sets, one for the front and one for the rear, you can have the center hat painted any color (available clors, black, red, gold, silver, blue etc) either slotted OR crossed Drilled, they will not slot and dril a rotor, Ok now the price.

Regular price per set is $995.00

Group Purchase of 20 sets minimum $750.00 wich means that we need 10 cars with 2 sets per car, or 20 cars with 1 set per car

On the 1 piece rotors this is the info that I got.
Normal price for the front rotors is $247.00 each and $208.00 for the rears each.

Here is the group purchase on this rotors

Front Set of rotors (2 rotors) $300.00

Rear Set of rotors (2 rotors) $400.00

Don't ask me why the rear rotors are more expensive than the fronts, as I don't have an answer for this, and once again, this rotors come with only 3 finishes, which are Gold, Silver and Black, either crossed drilled OR Slotted, and let me mentioned that he uses new OEM rotors for he's 1 piece rotors.

Do we have enough enough people interested on a group purchase, I know is alot of moeny for the 2 piece rotors, but you need to check out their website and look at them, it will take your breath away, IF YOU NEED NEW ROTORS, SPEAK UP.

Jose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.