Aftermarket Rotors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Aftermarket Rotors in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; On May of 2004 while at my local Caddilac dealer, I saw a CTS-V for the first time, that's when ...
    Vegas V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Aftermarket Rotors

On May of 2004 while at my local Caddilac dealer, I saw a CTS-V for the first time, that's when I new I had to have one of this cars, at the time I was there servicing my 01 Deville which I still have and I plan to keep for a while, well, I remember that the V that I saw in the show room, had slotted rotors, I don't know if there where aftermarket or upgraded OEM rotors, but I do remember that very well, as a matter of fact that was what caught my attention that day, to see such a small car with such big brakes on it, I didn't know that the V had the LS6 motor in it, my question today is, does anyone have slotted or crossed drilled rotors on their cars?? or is there a company that makes this type of rotors??

Jose

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Aftermarket Rotors

I don't know which ones they are but I know Cadillac has a set as a dealer installed option, along with the Corsa exhaust system, wheels and engine appearance kit.

Joey'sVee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's the CTS-V cross drilled brakes. More info here...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/access-v.pdf

markbinkc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

Yeah, but can you even get them yet? Last I checked they were still "in development".

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

nobody has them that i know of
    and why mess with perfection?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski
    nobody has them that i know of
    and why mess with perfection?
    I agree with you, I was just wondering why that car had the rotors on it, and why my V doesn't that's all.

Jose

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

the slotted rotors are vaporware....i have the 2004 brochure showing them as an option. LOL. GM must not have the money to make them...really aren't needed anyhow

Texan V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The only company that I have run across that has your choice of drilled, slotted or combo in either a one piece or two piece rotor (for the CTS-V) is KVR out of Canada...

Very pricey for the two pieces. Search KVR for previous links with details from a member that has them.

3rdstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I took my rotors to a local shop here in southern cali and I'm having them slotted. $20 each....not a bad deal if you ask me. They'll even cross drill them to for the same price, but I wanted to maintain the integrity of my rotors. I'd hate for them to crack and have to replace them massive things. I'll post pics up once I have them on. Should be by this weekend.

3rdstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

oh yah...and I'm also having all my lights painted black/clear coated for a dark all around stealth look. The only lights that are not getting painted are the headlights...everything else will be blacked out . I'll post those pics up when I take the rotor pics too.

Mutlu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

The OEM cross drilled rotors just got released this month. Ask your dealer. He should have gotten some kind of paperwork for it.

My friend who is the GM at my dealership is giving me a price tomorrow.

slow35th is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutlu
    The OEM cross drilled rotors just got released this month. Ask your dealer. He should have gotten some kind of paperwork for it.

My friend who is the GM at my dealership is giving me a price tomorrow.
    Please post the part numbers and price.

PneuBird is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Dealer called me last month and said they were available. GM cross drilled rotors and were going to cost me $700.00 for all for installed!!! Not cheap but damm they looked good!!!

Talking Re: Aftermarket Rotors

Quote Originally Posted by PneuBird
    Dealer called me last month and said they were available. GM cross drilled rotors and were going to cost me $700.00 for all for installed!!! Not cheap but damm they looked good!!!
    Yes, that is not cheap, but once again, if something hapens to the rotors, they should be cover under warrantee, I called Baer yesterday and they told me that they have nothing for the CTS-V, I'm going to call my local dealer once I get back from Hawaii next week.

slow35th is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PneuBird
    Probably less than $100 each from gmpartsdirect.com. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Mutlu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I will find out today what the price is. Will try and get the part number as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutlu
    I will find out today what the price is. Will try and get the part number as well.
    Please do, as there is some of us interested on this rotors, thanks

markbinkc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

Yeah, they're $350 per pair. The part number is 88964607 for fronts, and -4608 for the rears. GM parts direct didn't have anything for these numbers though.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markbinkc
    Yeah, they're $350 per pair. The part number is 88964607 for fronts, and -4608 for the rears. GM parts direct didn't have anything for these numbers though.

Mark
    I called 2 local dealers and those part numbers are not in their system, they both told me that those are not good part numbers, can it be that their system has not been updated with this parts in it, perhaps you can go back and provide a number for the dealer that gave you those numbers.

Jose

Texan V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just got off the phone w/ Tom Peacock Cadillac in Houston and they saw the part number for the rears with the description of "rotor kit" but they couldn't find anything for the part number for the fronts. They said they would call GM and get back with me. I'll post what I hear unless someone else beats me to it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.