So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ??? There is nothing wrong with this thread " target="_blank">http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/480585-heads-up-driveshaft-issues.html Why is it closed? I would like to hear what ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

???
    There is nothing wrong with this thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/480585-heads-up-driveshaft-issues.html

Why is it closed? I would like to hear what his solution is to my deteriorating drive shaft carrier.

Mods... BACK OFF!
    PISNUOFF likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

It was the third or fourth time he tried advertising and handling funds/parts on behalf of a vendor, to avoid paying for a vendor membership.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the costs of Premium Membership here, but you have to play by the rules.

And he repeatedly kept trying to do an end run around them.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    ???
    There is nothing wrong with this thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/480585-heads-up-driveshaft-issues.html

Why is it closed? I would like to hear what his solution is to my deteriorating drive shaft carrier.

Mods... BACK OFF!
    Your link is bad for some reason. Try this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ft-issues.html

I can only speculate on why it was closed not having seen it before, but I'm not understanding how the thread being locked affects you getting the information you want. If you read it carefully you will see the OP tells everyone they have to PM him to get the information.

Personally, if I was having the problems you are with your drive shaft carrier, I'd be annoyed the OP didn't post the information rather than make every one of you PM him to get it.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    Mods... BACK OFF!
    There does seem to be a lot of forum moderators popping up lately. Personally, I would prefer 'V' specific moderators as most know them and generally better reception if they get involved - the 'V' community doesn't exactly warm up to outsiders moderators or not.

ATS guys be like:

Regarding the driveshaft - the "PM me for more information" stuff begs for trouble. I think most would have liked to see the process and pics of repairing it. Anyways, if you are in need of a used DS, look at some of the sigs from members who have a CS 8.8/GF 9 - I'm sure you could get a heck of a deal.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

I think the muscle dude who made this site had some of Hitler's DNA, and he made multiple clones of him to moderate the boards.

He said PM me for more information because anything you do will be taken out of context, then blown up.

Can't have a cheap and easy fix for the driveshaft, it's going to cost some vendors 72 cents, and we can't afford to lose any revenue because he needs a new set of biceps.

I wonder if Hoosier Daddy gets paid for being a moderator? If so, maybe he can buy some reading glasses and make sure he stays in the ATS section.

Quote Originally Posted by robojesus View Post
    I wonder if Hoosier Daddy gets paid for being a moderator?
    Not in cash. Moderators get any model new Cadillac to drive and can switch every 6 months. So we get that, plus the love and affection of the members. Please don't tell the IRS about the car, I've never included it as income.

Quote Originally Posted by robojesus View Post
    He said PM me for more information because anything you do will be taken out of context, then blown up.
    I have to admit, I am seeing a lot of that.

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

My thread said to pm me because I can't openly discuss the driveshaft. My solution bypasses needing to buy driveshafts from a vendor on here....that's why its being squashed. I didnt break any rules with my last thread and it got hosed.
    robojesus likes this.

Hey Voodoo, maybe you should make a craigslist ad of the details and then drop us a link

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    My thread said to pm me because I can't openly discuss the driveshaft. My solution bypasses needing to buy driveshafts from a vendor on here....that's why its being squashed. I didnt break any rules with my last thread and it got hosed.
    Honest question: Is "your solution" to the driveshaft problem free and in the public domain, or is there payment to you for a product ?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-material.html

EDIT: As I posted in another thread in this CTS-V forum, your own forum members have been reporting these threads and posts to the Admin forum for moderation. There have been four such reports this morning. You have now succeeded in having every sort of Administrative person, top to bottom, watching this show. Anyone in here who blows his nose incorrectly will have to look over his shoulder for a while - until the flaming and insults stop - totally. Posts #1, 4 and 5 each contain sufficient insult to warrant a short vacation for each poster. Please stop digging your own graves and get back to twisting wrenches and going fast. Please.

FWIW, go way down to the Classified section - each car model has a forum for non-vendor sale/want items. If AutoPride (Vendor) wants to post "Sale on CTS-V mats today" right here, all well and good. If Karen and I make mats and have a sale, that goes down in Classified - get it ? (It's all in the Rules, Guidelines, and FAQ forums and tabs)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    I have a very hard time believing that because I see DIYs that take business from vendors in the forums. Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose of the owners having moderators to do what you claim IF they aren't being told to do it. If the thread wasn't deleted, give me a link. And if it was deleted, give me a title and time frame and as a moderator, I will be able to find and read it.

Of course most DIY jobs involve buying parts, tools or instructions and the rules don't allow anyone benefiting from the sale of said parts, tools or instructions to post them UNLESS they are a supporting vendor. Running a website with as much traffic and the complexity of this one is expensive. The vendor fees, upgraded memberships and other advertising pay for that. And vendors won't pay if a competitor, even a weekend home based one gets a free ride. If the thread was squashed, I would bet it falls into this category but want to confirm for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Honest question: Is "your solution" to the driveshaft problem free and in the public domain, or is there payment to you for a product ?

EDIT: As I posted in another thread in this CTS-V forum, your own forum members have been reporting these threads and posts to the Admin forum for moderation. There have been four such reports this morning. You have now succeeded in having every sort of Administrative person, top to bottom, watching this show. Anyone in here who blows his nose incorrectly will have to look over his shoulder for a while - until the flaming and insults stop - totally. Posts #1, 4 and 5 each contain sufficient insult to warrant a short vacation. Please stop digging your own graves and get back to twisting wrenches and going fast. Please.
    It won't be long before this section of the forum leaves this part uninhabited. There are far better forums where there's less garbage.

You guys act like you're some sort of demigod because you are a moderator of some forum. Seriously. So what if he stands to make a few dollars off of it? It still saves the members (the ones who actually make your ad revenue) a few dollars. I understand it's "against the rules" because you need to pay 350 dollars a month to be a vendor here, which, by the way, is absurd (are you trying to push all of your members AND vendors away?).

And I'd really like to see the complaints from OUR OWN FORUM MEMBERS, because they're probably very few.

You guys took a nice thing we had, a nice little community, and threw it down the tubes. It's truly a shame.

Threaten to ban me all you want, I honestly do not care. The classifieds on this site are garbage, and the moderation staff isn't too much better.

Post #1 stands ground for vacation. How is that ? I stated my opinion, and used NO swear words.

Like I said, you're getting out of line.

Sevilian, does it really matter? They're running the forum into the ground. You're either going to be forced to leave, or leave at your own will because there's too much bullshit. It's your call. Me? I'm going out having fun.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I'm sorry, how long have each of you two chuckleheads been here?

I've been a part of this "nice little community" for nearly a decade. And there has NEVER been a tolerance for anyone doing an end around to avoid paying fees.

You want to advertise anything? You're going to pay. It's how it works and always has. Those of us who helped make this forum what it was, and is, all agreed with that. Don't like it? Find another forum or site that will. If I had seen that thread, I would've reported it, too. You'd be surprised how many members here will do that...

Oh, and if you think you have any success in trying to annoy Sal, think again. He's seen enough internet tough guys and whiners to be fully immune by now. To even try to attack him on your petty little issue when you don't even know him shows how blind you are...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.