So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard cabbage. That means everyone here who has a system ...
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard cabbage. That means everyone here who has a system or a product should detail exactly how they do it. Get real MF.
    Well no, if an individual wants to advertise a service or product to make a profit, they can become a vendor, or post in the classifieds section.

I thought you just wanted to help??

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
    it HELPS fellow V owners and that's what matters. I'm not a business on here trying to make a living selling my parts or services, just trying to help fellow owners. I'm NOT a vendor...
    So do you want to help V owners, or do you want to make a profit?

Regardless of who's gotten away with what, what you're doing is against the rules, so you were stopped.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

Hoosier daddy gives me a lifetime 5 point infraction for using a common term in my area. "Get real my friend". MF..=my friend. Completely worthy of an infraction. . Loser. What is your deal with using over the top stupid a$$ analogies??? Criminals??? Cmon. There are long ongoing active threads right now in your face selling products at the top of the sub forum here. That do not have vendor status. Are you blind or stupid or both?? Most cabage, shut up. So if I make 10$ on the one of two drive shafts I do a month I should have to pay $350 vendor fees. That's bogus.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    Shutting down one thread offering a service and not shutting down the others Is a complete bogus act. This has nothing to do with speeders lol. I ddon't even care if I can't advertise a service.. That's not my argument here. My argument is that others get free roam to advertise and sell their products or services without being vendors and its not a problem. Please explain that.

Rules are rules....straight from the horses mouth. Yet it seems rules are enforced on the discretion of certain people. Based on that sole principal.... This forum can kiss it.

----------

Hoosierdaddy....aren't you insulting me by calling me untrustworthy and accusing me of stealing services when I have not lied or cheated anyone? I'm as trustworthy as they come jerk.

----------

Where's you V buddy???? Why are you in this forum? Wanna borrow my balls for awhile so you can claim man status
    Why does it take owning a V to enforce the rules? Typical elitist attitude right there...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

Still here, still watching.

The "Tell 'em how it's done" driveshaft bearing (??) posts - As a gearhead, I played with and developed (simple fix) the "butt plug" modification for the Seville (2000 - 2004) intake air duct resonator removal. A $2.59 pipe cap and clamp from any hardware store, Home Depot or Lowe's. Also, a cheap modification to the intake airbox in order to double cold air intake capability. It's all posted in Northstar and Tech Tips. Free. Done by quite a few CF members. Many other such "How-Tos" in those forums - posted for the benefit of all, free. My knowledge, my experience - posted in public forum for all to see.

............ and now that the complaining CTS members are stating that others are selling "under the radar", I can tell y'all straight from the horse's mouth - heads will roll. You have put it all in the sunlight, and the microscope is focusing. Count on it.

I would like to thank robojesus and voodoochikin04 for bringing all this to the attention of the entire Site Staff.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by robojesus View Post
    Wow, you called me a chucklehead. I'm really upset. A lot of people can't afford to pay 350 a month for vendor status, that's all they make some months. I can foresee the current vendors leaving after their year subscription is up. A lot of parts are V specific, and thus are useless across another forums on autoguide. It's going to hinder the community, undoubtedly.

And I've read some of your 50,000 posts you've made in 10 years. Very, very little technical expertise.

----------

Actually, you seem like the kind of guy who would have seen his fair share of kindergartners, although I didn't think you would confess it on a forum.
    This is a forum.

Funny how in one post you cry about "your community" and how its so not fun now. Yet, then you cry about how all my posts have to have expertise.

"your community" means more than that. I have been able to appreciate it. You obviously don't. You want it your way and that's that. Kind of like a kindergartener. Yeah, I've seen my share of people like you.

Keep crying and whining...

Bigjimsho. You offended me by calling me a. Elitist... Better be an infraction there!!! Such a joke. I was hassling him about not owning the vehicles he is moderating in. Big deal don't be a baby jimbo

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

The driveshaft service didn't have to be an issue...whatever. I can say that Voodoo responded to a fellow 'V' owner (myself) to help me troubleshoot my steering rack. He responded immediately and helped me way past midnight. He didn't ask for any money. He even offered to attempt to repair it if I sent it to him - no exchange of money.

I imagine he helped me because we share the same interests and belong to a 'V' community - I don't know him from anywhere else.

Voodoo, again...thanks bud!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

This is almost as good as Urb's "open threads"…………

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Posts #1, 4 and 5 each contain sufficient insult to warrant a short vacation for each poster. Please stop digging your own graves and get back to twisting wrenches and going fast. Please.
    Ok, I have post #4 so enlighten me why you have come to the conclusion that sufficient insult warrants a short vacation? Also can you explain what grave I might be digging? While you're watching this post would you mind reviewing the countless threads/posts on the DIY contributions I've given - just to be sure I'm within the 'rules'. Never know if I left an emoticon that might have been 'out of line'.

Thanks Phil... Proof positive that I'm not out hunting profit... But I also don't want to work for free. This whole thing is out of line. All of it. Nit picking is what it boils down too. I'm here to offer contribution... But even if I posted a strong how too on my driveshaft repair... Majority of members don't poses the skills of tools to do it. Its hard. Its a hassle and its very time consuming even with out system worked out. So. Thanks for the infractions and kind words from all. Good luck with this thread its all bogus..

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

philistine, - Simple typo. Sorry, My bad. Lots of posts to collate ........... You have no cause for concern. Sub.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

It might be beneficial to scroll to the very bottom of any Forum main page, in the lower blue-black bar, and read the Terms of Service that we ALL signed when we registered as members.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

I'd like to offer a suggestion:

Can we profit from the discussions, let this thread die a natural death and get back to wrenching, fixing cars, and eating ricers for lunch ? Any takers ?
    SevillianSTS, PISNUOFF and fweasel like this.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    The driveshaft service didn't have to be an issue...whatever. I can say that Voodoo responded to a fellow 'V' owner (myself) to help me troubleshoot my steering rack. He responded immediately and helped me way past midnight. He didn't ask for any money. He even offered to attempt to repair it if I sent it to him - no exchange of money.

I imagine he helped me because we share the same interests and belong to a 'V' community - I don't know him from anywhere else.

Voodoo, again...thanks bud!
    Good post.

That's the kind of thing we should be reading.

----------

Okay. This horse isn't going to get any deader no matter how long we beat it. So the thread is closed.

I would like to apologize for my harsh words that I tossed out in this thread, especially words that were directed to other forum members. It was uncalled for and only helped drive the thread out of control. I was in the wrong with my initial posts and through out the entirety of the thread. I look forward to remaining a contributing member on these forums.
    Rolex likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.