So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; For those of you who are paying supporters of this forum, I hope it works out for you. For those ...
    ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

For those of you who are paying supporters of this forum, I hope it works out for you. For those who aren't, shut up, what do you expect for free.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    Post #1 stands ground for vacation. How is that ? I stated my opinion, and used NO swear words.

Like I said, you're getting out of line.
    Seriously. If you were truly seeking knowledge, you could've PM'd the mods. But no, you posted the thread to needle and jab the mods. I've seen enough kindergarteners to see how it works.

Stop cloaking your attitude as an innocent quest for knowledge...

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Re: So why did this thread get closed ??? The title had me interested in reading...

Wow, you called me a chucklehead. I'm really upset. A lot of people can't afford to pay 350 a month for vendor status, that's all they make some months. I can foresee the current vendors leaving after their year subscription is up. A lot of parts are V specific, and thus are useless across another forums on autoguide. It's going to hinder the community, undoubtedly.

And I've read some of your 50,000 posts you've made in 10 years. Very, very little technical expertise.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Seriously. If you were truly seeking knowledge, you could've PM'd the mods. But no, you posted the thread to needle and jab the mods. I've seen enough kindergarteners to see how it works.

Stop cloaking your attitude as an innocent quest for knowledge...
    Actually, you seem like the kind of guy who would have seen his fair share of kindergartners, although I didn't think you would confess it on a forum.

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

According to what's been said here.... Anyone who is not a vendor that is selling ANYTHING outside of the classifieds is breaking the rules.... The ONLY reason I'm even offering my driveshaft services is because NOONE else does and some members here need this service. I don't make squat doing this driveshaft service and it eats up 3.5 hours of my time to do it. But it HELPS fellow V owners and that's what matters. I'm not a business on here trying to make a living selling my parts or services, just trying to help fellow owners. I'm NOT a vendor... So $350 a month is a joke for someone trying to better the community and not become rich. It's a joke.

If I was selling thousands of dollars worth of parts and services every month... I'd have no problem paying the fees. But iI'd have to fix 10-15 driveshafts a month just to cover the fees. Ha

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

You're right, I wasn't seeking any knowledge. My drive-shaft carrier is in good shape.

I just like calling out BS when need be.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    My thread said to pm me because I can't openly discuss the driveshaft. My solution bypasses needing to buy driveshafts from a vendor on here....that's why its being squashed. I didnt break any rules with my last thread and it got hosed.
    I have a very hard time believing that because I see DIYs that take business from vendors in the forums. Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose of the owners having moderators to do what you claim IF they aren't being told to do it. If the thread wasn't deleted, give me a link. And if it was deleted, give me a title and time frame and as a moderator, I will be able to find and read it.

Of course most DIY jobs involve buying parts, tools or instructions and the rules don't allow anyone benefiting from the sale of said parts, tools or instructions to post them UNLESS they are a supporting vendor. Running a website with as much traffic and the complexity of this one is expensive. The vendor fees, upgraded memberships and other advertising pay for that. And vendors won't pay if a competitor, even a weekend home based one gets a free ride. If the thread was squashed, I would bet it falls into this category but want to confirm for myself.
    You never answered me, so I tracked down your thread. All I can say is DAMN dude! You claim the following is NOT advertising (red is my redaction):

$xxx.00 is the service fee which includes xxxx , labor, xxxx and return shipping. You pay shipping to us. The xxxx we use exceeds factory specs in xxxx. We xxxxxxxx prior to disassembly, there wont be any xxxxx unless xxxxxx prior to shipping it to us.
    There are rules against insulting people. Good thing it doesn't specifically include insulting people's intelligence because claiming that isn't advertising is definitely insulting everyone's intelligence. LoL

----------

If I was selling thousands of dollars worth of parts and services every month... I'd have no problem paying the fees. But iI'd have to fix 10-15 driveshafts a month just to cover the fees. Ha
    That makes it clear. If someone charges more than you want to pay for something, you steal it. Most people wouldn't admit it, so kudos for that.

That's not the thread in question "dude" !!!!! That one was blatent advertising and I wasn'tupset it got closed. There is a second one that did not break any rules

----------

Like I said. If this forum doesn't want a solution to fix the factory driveshaft tthat's fine. I wasn't doing it to make a big profit. So I don't care if I can't "advertise". Was just trying to help some v owners out. I'm not a vendor. my business doesnt have anything to do wwith cars...so I would never pay vendor fees. Not a vendor " dude".

----------

Why is there no fit being thrown about alllll the other threads on this forum of people selling products who are not vendors..wwheres all the discussion about those people?

----------
    Here's the link you requested Hoosier daddy

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post12166009

That's not the thread in question "dude" !!!!! That one was blatent advertising and I wasn'tupset it got closed. There is a second one that did not break any rules
    Help me get this straight. Are you claiming that when you posted to ask people to PM you for a solution, you were NOT going to offer your service to them? Or are you not understanding how as a non-vendor, using the forum to generate business for you is stealing if the forums charges for the right to do that. Your admission that your previous thread was a blatant (your words) violation indicates a disregard for the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined the forum which would seem to make you untrustworthy.

Like I said. If this forum doesn't want a solution to fix the factory driveshaft tthat's fine. I wasn't doing it to make a big profit. So I don't care if I can't "advertise". Was just trying to help some v owners out.
    You say you JUST want to help members, despite contradicting that in the previous sentence by saying you charge enough to make a profit.

Another member posted a suggestion that may let us put this to bed. (s)he asked about the source of a bearing you use. I suggest you just post the source for the bearing and the instructions for how anyone can perform your service. That would completely eliminate the very justifiable and almost certainly universal doubts about your claim to JUST want to help owners.
    RippyPartsDept and FuzzyLogic like this.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Yup. There is a how to section of the forum.

Why is there no fit being thrown about alllll the other threads on this forum of people selling products who are not vendors..wwheres all the discussion about those people?
    The only ones I've seen throwing fits are people who don't like rules being enforced.

Most infractions and warnings are the result of other members complaining. Your threads fall into that category. In your thread that was deleted, many of the complaints were posted in the thread itself.

As for ones who get away, you remind me of the speeder who asks the cop why they are getting a ticket when all the other speeders around him weren't? The cop asks back: Do you fish? And if you do, do you catch all the fish?

We encourage members to report violations. You claim that they are rampant. We want to hear about them. Please return to them and click on the report icon at the bottom left of all posts and mention the rule being violated.

Shutting down one thread offering a service and not shutting down the others Is a complete bogus act. This has nothing to do with speeders lol. I ddon't even care if I can't advertise a service.. That's not my argument here. My argument is that others get free roam to advertise and sell their products or services without being vendors and its not a problem. Please explain that.

Rules are rules....straight from the horses mouth. Yet it seems rules are enforced on the discretion of certain people. Based on that sole principal.... This forum can kiss it.

----------

Hoosierdaddy....aren't you insulting me by calling me untrustworthy and accusing me of stealing services when I have not lied or cheated anyone? I'm as trustworthy as they come jerk.

----------

Where's you V buddy???? Why are you in this forum? Wanna borrow my balls for awhile so you can claim man status

ALSO....the source of my bearing would help no one here... Its my system of replacing it that I've developed that is key and is what I'm offering for sale...fyi

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    If you want to help, post instructions on how to do it. Simple as that.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard cabbage. That means everyone here who has a system or a product should detail exactly how they do it. Get real my friend.

My argument is that others get free roam to advertise and sell their products or services without being vendors and its not a problem. Please explain that.
    I did explain it but you didn't understand. So I hope you appreciate the extra mile I am going on your behalf by explaining it in even simpler terms.

Lets break it down.

You say:

others get free roam to advertise
    Someone getting away with a crime doesn't mean they have free rein. I can't think of a single crime that someone hasn't got away with. Nobody ever caught "Jack the Ripper", nobody has caught the killers of numerous rap singers over the past few decades. Nobody was convicted of killing Nicole Simpson.

The list of crimes that have gone unpunished is practically endless. But contrary to your conclusion, the vast majority of people do NOT attribute that to criminals having free rein. Some criminals, like some fish, just get away.

You go on to say:

<others> sell without being vendors and its not a problem
    Again, you come to a different conclusion than most. I rarely hear anyone say its no problem that a criminal is not caught or isn't convicted. Quite the contrary.

Also, based on your post, you may not be differentiating between those that are never caught or just haven't been caught yet. It would not be smart to assume violations you have seen aren't in the latter category.

You seem to imply that if others got away with something, you should be able to also. But by that logic, since someone has got away with breaking virtually every law or rule, there should be no laws at all. Again I think its safe to say MOST people, criminals aside, don't share that philosophy.

I have asked you once before to be a responsible citizen of these forums by reporting the numerous violations you say you have seen.

I am asking you again (and everyone else) to report violations by clicking on the violations icon at the lower left of each post. Moderators can't catch them all. And if members like you have looked the other way, they can't really complain about the very problem that it was in their power to make better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.