Wow, Threads turning up missing left and right around here lately.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Wow, Threads turning up missing left and right around here lately. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; How about some moderators get "other" moderators under control around here. Well known, contributing members are being banned and threads ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Wow, Threads turning up missing left and right around here lately.

How about some moderators get "other" moderators under control around here.

Well known, contributing members are being banned and threads disappearing for stupid reasons.

It only takes one guy with his thumb up his @$$ to piss off the whole community.
    lollygagger8 and robojesus like this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Wow, Threads turning up missing left and right around here lately.

Sit tight. Your own "CTS forums" members (not Moderators) are reporting insult and language posts to the Admin forums.

Moderators are assigned to try and keep some semblance of decorum, law and order. CF is NOT - and never will be - an online flaming site. Keep your tuning, maintenance and parts discussions on an adult level; cut out the insults, name-calling and petty "he said - she said" arguments. Begin to attack the site Administrators or AutoGuide staff and I can safely predict that more than a few simple edits or short bans will come down.

Sevillian, You've been here long enough to know that Sal would never have put up with some of the nastiness that has gone down lately .......

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Oh wow. They deleted the thread where one of our cherished "moderators" called a member stupid? Yet they only closed the thread where insults were getting thrown around left and right from vendors to customers and vice versa?

Politics I suppose. The ones with the power...
    PISNUOFF and lollygagger8 like this.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

So who all got banned?

Good question. Hopefully AAIIIC. Being a moderator and calling a forum member (PISSNUOFF) out for talking bad about someone and then calling another member STUPID the very next day seems pretty amateur.

And something tells me I'm in line to get banned myself. Ask me how much I care...

Pisnuoff is temporarily banned.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981
    AND aren't you the one that temporarily banned another member because he used a derogatory remark toward another member? Yet you're a "moderator" and you call other members stupid for their actions?

AAIIIC, you're a joke for this. You are the type of person that ruins these forums for us people.
    I haven't banned a single member, temporarily or permanently, since I've been a moderator. I don't even know if I have that "power", and if I do, I don't know how to exercise it. I think I may have given one infraction, but I'm not sure.

It was pretty obvious that FFUONSIP's comment was a typo. My comment was intended to be sarcastic, which I thought would be obvious based on the context. Did you really think that I thought he was driving around on flat tires and posted that he was doing so as one of his performance mods? Give me a little credit, man.

In the future I'll be sure to use a smiley to convey humor. Like I said, I just assumed it would be obvious I was joking. I certainly didn't think I would be prompting this sort of reaction.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Mods are not allowed to be sarcastic... U should know this!!! So who deleted the "new memb" thread??

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Not I. If it was still open, I would go fix the two mistakes I made in my attempted joke (which FFUONSIP pointed out).

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    I haven't banned a single member, temporarily or permanently, since I've been a moderator. I don't even know if I have that "power", and if I do, I don't know how to exercise it. I think I may have given one infraction, but I'm not sure. It was pretty obvious that FFUONSIP's comment was a typo. My comment was intended to be sarcastic, which I thought would be obvious based on the context. Did you really think that I thought he was driving around on flat tires and posted that he was doing so as one of his performance mods? Give me a little credit, man. In the future I'll be sure to use a smiley to convey humor. Like I said, I just assumed it would be obvious I was joking. I certainly didn't think I would be prompting this sort of reaction.
    If I mistakenly blamed or flamed you, I apologize. I just really didn't see the fairness in Brian being tossed. I read the thread and didn't think he was any more out of place than anyone else.

Just my $.02...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Brian probably got banned because the all mighty vendor revshiFt was pissed. I know people get emotional and stuff when people call into question the quality of your product. However, in the court of public opinion, you must learn to put your big boy pants on and take it on the chin from time to time. That's what happens in the free market. You are judged on product AND customer service.
    robojesus likes this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Don't vendors know Brian breaks everything?

(Geez ... I miss all the drama around here.)
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium

A guy who chooses the username of PISSNUOFF should get banned, just based on that username alone. I personally don't wanna see usernames like that. Anyone who has a boneheaded username like that gets added to my ignore list immediately.

I think it'd have to be something pretty bad in order to get banned from this forum.
    PISNUOFF and StretchASU like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Espi View Post
    A guy who chooses the username of PISSNUOFF should get banned, just based on that username alone. I personally don't wanna see usernames like that. Anyone who has a boneheaded username like that gets added to my ignore list immediately.

I think it'd have to be something pretty bad in order to get banned from this forum.
    It's spelled PISNUOFF.

Ignoring him... Your loss.

Don't like it, don't read it.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Espi has a new CTS anyways. He's probably jelly that he doesn't have a V... Too much car for him... Too much forum for him... Maybe he is a she... (Censored by mods). Obviously espi doesn't have enough time in the 04-07 V forum to really know how Brian has been such a help around here to people, me included.
    robojesus likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.