Revshift vs Creative Steel thread
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Revshift vs Creative Steel thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; First off, has this thread been closed? I tried to reply over there with no luck. Honestly, it's good that ...
    joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Revshift vs Creative Steel thread

First off, has this thread been closed? I tried to reply over there with no luck. Honestly, it's good that it was FINALLY closed however "moderators", why did it even go on for that long?

Truth be told, I lost all respect for both vendors after reading their blatant disrespect for each other, watching their pissing contest, and seeing a company which is known for "great customer service" talk down and try to belittle customers on an open thread like that.

What really pisses me off about all that though is the fact that the "moderators" (in quotes for a reason) locked the account of a well respected member and vendor. Perhaps I'm misinformed on this last part but if he was locked for giving his opinion (and possibly misspelling a name (big whoop)) then these "moderators" need to learn a thing or two about a thing or two.

Let's be real here, this is a forum of adults (supposedly).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Revshift vs Creative Steel thread

PISNUOFF, Becker and FFOUNSIP like this.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Wow...a lot changes in few days. Guess I need to check the forum more often.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Somehow I also got the boot for a couple days. I did post in that forum, but only said positive things about both companies. This is just sad IMO.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Maybe the population should be able to vote moderators off too if they are out of line.

----------

In case anyone needs to know whats going on:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...or-mounts.html
    PISNUOFF likes this.

76Y82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981 View Post
    Truth be told, I lost all respect for both vendors after reading their blatant disrespect for each other, watching their pissing contest, and seeing a company which is known for "great customer service" talk down and try to belittle customers on an open thread like that.
    Agreed. I'm really surprised individuals who manage to run their own company could view that behavior as acceptable. Regrettably I have supported both of them through purchases, but I guess you have to take some bad with the good when your options are so limited.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

My two cents. I have products from both companies. I have had zero problems from the products themselves. With my personal interaction with both companies, Creative-Steel has had far and away the best service. Revshift still has not called me back (ordered and phoned 10/2012). I understand the internet and trying to defend your products against someones words...it just seems to me that every time we go down this road, Revshift always seems to throw the first stone.
    SevillianSTS and PISNUOFF like this.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

We didn't throw any stones in that last thread. We didn't even acknowledge the attacks that were made against us by the other vendor. We simply stated some facts about OUR company. We didn't call anyone out, didn't name any names, and we did not disrespect any members. We did refer to our competitors as "our competitors" which means several companies that make competing products. We are a polyurethane bushing/mount company from Detroit, MI. We make parts for Cadillac, BMW, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, and Toyota cars. We have several competitors. When we refer to our competitors we are talking about ALL of them. We do not intend for one of those competitors to feel singled out. We are frequently asked "what makes your product better than the others?" and we have to answer that question somehow.

We are also extremely tired of the bickering and the attacks. We will no longer acknowledge any negative comments and misinformation that gets posted about us by other vendors. We are going to design and produce the best products we can to offer to the community. That is what we are here to do. If anyone has any questions about our products please check our website, send us an email, or give us a call. We are a small company consisting of only three people but we will do our absolute best to respond in a timely manner. We have gotten a lot better at that.

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift
    We didn't throw any stones in that last thread. We didn't even acknowledge the attacks that were made against us by the other vendor. We simply stated some facts about OUR company. We didn't call anyone out, didn't name any names, and we did not disrespect any members. We did refer to our competitors as "our competitors" which means several companies that make competing products. We are a polyurethane bushing/mount company from Detroit, MI. We make parts for Cadillac, BMW, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, and Toyota cars. We have several competitors. When we refer to our competitors we are talking about ALL of them. We do not intend for one of those competitors to feel singled out. We are frequently asked "what makes your product better than the others?" and we have to answer that question somehow. We are also extremely tired of the bickering and the attacks. We will no longer acknowledge any negative comments and misinformation that gets posted about us by other vendors. We are going to design and produce the best products we can to offer to the community. That is what we are here to do. If anyone has any questions about our products please check our website, send us an email, or give us a call. We are a small company consisting of only three people but we will do our absolute best to respond in a timely manner. We have gotten a lot better at that.
    Speaking to this, I actually bought your bushings for my car due to the reviews I read regarding your bushings and due to the fact that I wasn't in a hurry to receive your parts (I still have not installed them).

And the bickering between the two companies has gone on for quite a while between both of the motor mounts manufacturers so that was nothing new. However, the attack on Fuzzy (whether he deserved it or not) on an open forum is what really blew me away.

Really I shouldn't have started this thread. Not looking to re-kindle the argument. Just wanted to voice my opinion on the way things were handled.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajohn1981
    Speaking to this, I actually bought your bushings for my car due to the reviews I read regarding your bushings and due to the fact that I wasn't in a hurry to receive your parts (I still have not installed them). And the bickering between the two companies has gone on for quite a while between both of the motor mounts manufacturers so that was nothing new. However, the attack on Fuzzy (whether he deserved it or not) on an open forum is what really blew me away. Really I shouldn't have started this thread. Not looking to re-kindle the argument. Just wanted to voice my opinion on the way things were handled.
    F that!!! Restart this thread a million times. I support both companies, but this bickering is un called for. I also don't think a CS 8.8 kit should be anywhere close to $4.3k+... $2.8k and u would sell 5x as many.
    dedeaux89 likes this.

MarkOne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    I also don't think a CS 8.8 kit should be anywhere close to $4.3k+... $2.8k and u would sell 5x as many.
    If the complete 8.8 kit went for $2800 then I would buy it without thinking twice.
    dedeaux89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOne
    If the complete 8.8 kit went for $2800 then I would buy it without thinking twice.
    Same here!!!

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    Same here!!!
    me as well and might have already done it but I also understand fabbing and creating the kit costs and R and D time after doing my little project on my exhaust. I personally have not purchased from either at the moment but realize they are still actually creating products for our slightly rare cars to make them better as they age and wear so for that I am thankful.

I was also in retail for almost 8 years and understand service and what it takes to make people happy. Personally i would rather have new products for our cars then no options at all and send them to the junkyard as they age.

BDV

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

IMHO, the only thing about the 8.8 kit that could be seen as high is the diff mount itself but I know I couldn't design and build it myself for what I can pay them for it so I don't have a problem with it. Buy a used diff and have DSS make a driveshaft spacer for you and all of a sudden, $2800 is in the neighborhood.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...eshafts-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247
    IMHO, the only thing about the 8.8 kit that could be seen as high is the diff mount itself but I know I couldn't design and build it myself for what I can pay them for it so I don't have a problem with it. Buy a used diff and have DSS make a driveshaft spacer for you and all of a sudden, $2800 is in the neighborhood. http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...eshafts-5.html
    Would you not buy a basic kit for $2800??? I know there's other options but the CS 8.8 just seems way over priced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.