Brake Rotor question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brake Rotor question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The Rock Auto OES rotors, GM part number 25750257, appear to be the current GM replacement rotor. They are listed ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Brake Rotor question

The Rock Auto OES rotors, GM part number 25750257, appear to be the current GM replacement rotor. They are listed as the OEM replacement by other GM part oneline suppliers at similar prices(GMPartsDirect, PacePerformance, etc.), and presumably are what you would get at the dealership.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mongopush View Post
    I think I'm going to just order the Brake Motive setup and swap them myself . Any complaints on these from anyone who's used them before ? Or maybe a better alternative. I just street my car, no track time..so nothing too pricey.
    The Brakemotive setup is a good deal for what you're getting. I did have a warped caliper after two years of DD service. Not really sure how it happened either, but oh well. I had to buy a new pair of front rotors from brakemotive for $128 shipped (after 10% discount). Now I have a spare. Plenty of pad life left after 25k or so. Dust is hardly noticeable, and there have been no squeaks.

1yakini is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTORS-CADIL...-/271400231040

----------

I bought a set of 4 of these used

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS...-/310177867569

They have held up fine.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Considering the price that dealer wants to charge you and that we are talking about rear rotors here (which do very little braking comparatively to the fronts), are you sure they actually even need to be replaced?

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I have the brake motive rotors and pads. Close to 40k of spirited daily driving. No squeals and very little dust compared to others. They do have a good initial grab after warmed a little.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by 1yakini View Post
    Do you have them on the correct sides?
    darkman likes this.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

I went with some Raybetos for $52 each. I wanted black hats, non drilled/slotted to match the fronts. Thanks all for the input...

Raybestos 580265 Advanced Technology. Found them on Amazon with free 2 day with my prime account.

^Amazon is getting killed on that free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    ^Amazon is getting killed on that free shipping.
    Yeah, but they will make it up on volume.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Considering the price that dealer wants to charge you and that we are talking about rear rotors here (which do very little braking comparatively to the fronts), are you sure they actually even need to be replaced?
    I talked to the mechanic doing the service, he said they were past getting them turned. They do look a lot older than the fronts. I felt he was honest,he told me my pads had more than 50% life left and wasn't trying to sell me on those as well. It floored me when he said $500, he said they charged the V2 guys around $1000.

The GM rotors carry an MRSP of $134 each and the standard labor allowance to remove and replace the rear rotors is 1.5 hours. So, the $500 is plausible. If the pads were changed, the parts would be additive but no additional labor allowance would apply.

The rotors I just received from Raybestos seem like really nice quality for the $52. What would make the GM worth a $134? Is the GM quality that much better or just the typical Cadillac tax being slapped on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongopush View Post
    The rotors I just received from Raybestos seem like really nice quality for the $52. What would make the GM worth a $134? Is the GM quality that much better or just the typical Cadillac tax being slapped on them ?
    The $52 price is discounted, whereas the $134 is the MRSP dealer price of the same rotor that Rock Auto sells for $67. The dealer price is higher because the dealer is recovering the fixed costs associated with its staffed, brick & mortar facility.

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

How did you diagnose a warped caliper? I have brake motive drilled and slotted rotors and have a terrible shudder intermittently, told rotors are not warped. Wonder if it's the caliper?

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by aantalis View Post
    How did you diagnose a warped caliper? I have brake motive drilled and slotted rotors and have a terrible shudder intermittently, told rotors are not warped. Wonder if it's the caliper?
    My shudder was when braking from hwy speeds. I pulled the wheel off and turned the rotor by hand and it dragged pretty good at one point. I replaced the rotor and the shudder was gone. The warp was so slight it wasn't easily noticed. The rotor face probably wasn't the issue as I can lay it on a flat surface and notice no gaps around the edges. I believe the hats are what get warped as that is usually the thinnest part.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.