Brake Fluid Change
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brake Fluid Change in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; After the last track day (approx 85 miles with speed cycling from 125 to 45 twice in each 1.6 mile ...
    2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Brake Fluid Change

After the last track day (approx 85 miles with speed cycling from 125 to 45 twice in each 1.6 mile lap) I decided to change diff, tranny and engine fuids. These swaps are relatively straight forward and well documented in the FAQ site. I figured that I should do the brake fluid also.

I picked up a quart of ATE Blue Racing fluid (DOT4, $11) and a Motive power bleeder ($60). The system screws on the master cylinder in place of the cap. After a pressure test, I charged to bleeder with one quart of fresh fluid and pumped to 10-12 psi. I attached the drain tube tothe bleeder screw and ran each wheel until the fluid changed from slightly brown tinged amber, then amber, then blue.

Time required - about 20 minutes including fooling with pump. I couldn't hold pressure until I wet the gasket with a little brake fluid. I didn't have to call my wife or daughter down to pump the brakes and keep refilling the master cylinder.

Fluid used - about one pint but I probably flushed more blue than I had to.

Also, I used some cat litter (yes, clean) to soak up the old brake fluid for disposal.

FWIW

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carpe dm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Brake Fluid Change

Sounds good. Also sounds like it was time to do a flush. I use ATE in the Vette and have had no problems, although someone told me it might be more prone to attract moisture than OEM stuff.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

If you want to write up a brake fuild change procedure with pictures, I will put it on the FAQ?

Reed

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

that power bleeder sounds awesome!!!

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Motive power bleeder... good stuff maynard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.