Pocono's track event today...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pocono's track event today... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Overall a great day. The cars were running well. The V was on point. Hard to judge the tune from ...
    willsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Pocono's track event today...

Overall a great day. The cars were running well. The V was on point.
    Hard to judge the tune from stealtV on the track. But the car definately rev's more freely and has more power through the entire power band. It starts to feel more peppy at around 3500 rpm. The car runs cooler with the adjustment made to the fans.

Now thw bad news;:madtalkin I fried another Catalytic converter. These things are not made for racing. A spirited run or a drag race not a problem. Sustained high rpm's for 20 minutes or so ..
    So heres what need's to be done:
    Both cats are getting gutted, clean out all the debri from the exhaust and add a resonator to quiet it down.
    In the end, more power will be made and less maintenance. I'm sick of crawling under the car.

Stealth, I will let you know what I think of the tune after I can make a few o-100 mph blasts .

I have a test road by my house I use after performing mods .
    It was hard to tell on the track because it's so opened up it's hard to judge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: Pocono's track event today...

Sucks to hear of another toasted cat (mmm, I'm hungry). Was it the same side cat as last time?

yes Rick same side, Nice tune! Having those fans come on early is a great feature by itself!
    Oil temps and water temps much much better!

PS, even after beating the crap out of the car for 2o+ minutes and seeing the redline on a regular basis the FFV remained cool. After the run I would drive to the pits, pop the hood, and you could keep your hand on the aluminum tube, and light a cigarette on the brake rotors!
    So, for the record, the ffv keeps cool under these conditions.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

ouch ouch ouch. Please keep us updated as to what happens and what Billy says about this problem. I was ready to plunk down the dough but am going to wait until you get this problem solved. Either that or I get TPIS headers.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Damn, sorry to hear about the other cat. Are you sure your motor isn't running leaner on that one side? You might want to get that checked out.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Any danger to running gutted cats? I've seen that listed in many "mod" quotes.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Any danger to running gutted cats? I've seen that listed in many "mod" quotes.
    Cant do it ans there are post cat O2's. It will throw a code.
    Might be able to write them out of the program??

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    ouch ouch ouch. Please keep us updated as to what happens and what Billy says about this problem. I was ready to plunk down the dough but am going to wait until you get this problem solved. Either that or I get TPIS headers.
    I've had the TPIS headers for almost a year now (including 11 track days) with no problems. WillCTSV looked at mine at Pocono after he blew out the cat and seemed to really like the design.

Steve has a nice set up. With mini cats welded in. Obviously a better quality cat. I will gut the cats and have the rear 02 sensors written out. I heard from a guy at the track w/ a Z06 that they sell some plugs for the bungs after the cats and you plug the o2 sensor into something else that basically tells the computer everything is OK.

This will pass emissions because they will analyze it from the PCM instead of the tailpipe. This guy had alot of work in the vette and seemed to know his stuff. He was also very impressed by Phoenix motorsport, located in PA. He said when it comes to corvettes he is the best in the country. These are SCCA guys.

Steve, Any word on the car? Also, sorry to hear about the damage the tow has caused.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by willsctsv
    Steve has a nice set up. With mini cats welded in. Obviously a better quality cat. I will gut the cats and have the rear 02 sensors written out. I heard from a guy at the track w/ a Z06 that they sell some plugs for the bungs after the cats and you plug the o2 sensor into something else that basically tells the computer everything is OK.

This will pass emissions because they will analyze it from the PCM instead of the tailpipe. This guy had alot of work in the vette and seemed to know his stuff. He was also very impressed by Phoenix motorsport, located in PA. He said when it comes to corvettes he is the best in the country. These are SCCA guys.

Steve, Any word on the car? Also, sorry to hear about the damage the tow has caused.
    I forgot about that. Some outfit called Caspers or caspers electronics makes post cat plug ins to fake out the computer

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

So...................................what happened to Steve's car?

Clutch or pressure plate went bad. Not sure which one. He tracks the car but does not drag race it so I'm surprised at what happened.

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Dealer didn't look at it yet. Probably Monday. Will post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.