Where to find spare tire/rim combo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Where to find spare tire/rim combo in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; While I was messing around in my trunk yesterday I came to realize that my car does not have a ...
    darien99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Where to find spare tire/rim combo

While I was messing around in my trunk yesterday I came to realize that my car does not have a spare. Now that I know I don't have one I am virtually assured to get a flat in the near future. What are my options for a full size spare? I know that we have a weird bolt pattern/backspacing, so I'm wondering if there are any other options than buying a 5th wheel for hundreds of dollars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: Where to find spare tire/rim combo

Your only option is a full size spare which will fit in the well face down but it will not allow the cover to sit completely flush with the trunk floor. It will stick up but less than an inch and doesn't really cause issues. A cts jack assembly will the sit down inside the spare and makes for a nice fit all in all.

Watch the classifieds and you can find spare wheels.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    "Ctsv247" is right on the money.

I might have two extras(wheels and tires) in the near future and ill deff sell them since I already have a spare.

Pm me your info and I'll let you know.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Tire plug kit and a compressor. Unless you get a hole I. A sidewall you'll be able to fix it with that

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247 View Post
    Your only option is a full size spare which will fit in the well face down but it will not allow the cover to sit completely flush with the trunk floor. It will stick up but less than an inch and doesn't really cause issues. A cts jack assembly will the sit down inside the spare and makes for a nice fit all in all.
    What trunk well are you using? Or did your car not come with the well that's divided in two? My car's spare tub is molded into two sections.

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by fre1102 View Post
    What trunk well are you using? Or did your car not come with the well that's divided in two? My car's spare tub is molded into two sections.
    that plastic tub can be removed from the tire well. There was a retaining washer pressed over the threaded rod holding mine in place. I pried it loose with a screwdriver, pulled it off, and the plastic tub went straight in the trash.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by darien99 View Post
    What are my options for a full size spare?
    www.ebay.com
    www.car-part.com
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-marketplace/
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...assifieds-156/

There's a guy advertising a set of Mille Miglia wheels on LS1tech. Those are 18x8" (so 1/2" narrower than stock), which makes them fit slightly better in the spare tire well than the stock wheels. I have one of those with a cheap 225/50-18 on it for my full-size spare.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I had checked car-part and CF classifieds, but no one was offering up a single rim. car-part wants 200+ for one in useable condition which is too steep for something I only plan to use in emergency situations. I'd have even been satisfied with a steel wheel if there was an option for our bolt pattern and backspacing.

FuzzyLog1c has a set of 4 wheels that he's offering for $80 each, shipped, over on LS1tech. That's a frickin' steal. Doesn't look like he's posted them in the Classifieds here, but I'm sure you can PM him here or on LS1tech. Someone has spoken for 2 of them, but there should be 2 available still.

Pillow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

I've got 5 for sale. Where are you? I'm not shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
    I've got 5 for sale. Where are you? I'm not shipping.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's in Ypsilanti, MI, since that's what it says on each of his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    FuzzyLog1c has a set of 4 wheels that he's offering for $80 each, shipped, over on LS1tech. That's a frickin' steal. Doesn't look like he's posted them in the Classifieds here, but I'm sure you can PM him here or on LS1tech. Someone has spoken for 2 of them, but there should be 2 available still.
    I'll try to PM him here, thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.