NEED SUSPENSION HELP! cant find shocks - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, NEED SUSPENSION HELP! cant find shocks in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by BradCTSV I have LG Motorsport coilovers which use Bilstein shocks and a true coilover. These are non-adjustable ...
    fweasel is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: NEED SUSPENSION HELP! cant find shocks

Quote Originally Posted by BradCTSV View Post
    I have LG Motorsport coilovers which use Bilstein shocks and a true coilover. These are non-adjustable so I had them put on a shock dyno and they were revalved much stiffer. These really perform great
    and are less expensive than a Penske or other remote reservoir race shock.
    just curious, what did the dyno and revolve cost?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by farsighted770 View Post
    I just need something that works and mannnn do I not wanna spend 2700 bucks on a 10 year old car... Ugggh
    Then don't. I don't know what the Anze or LG coilovers run, but the other 3 options I listed above aren't anywhere close to $2700.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by farsighted770 View Post
    I just need something that works and mannnn do I not wanna spend 2700 bucks on a 10 year old car... Ugggh
    Which one is blown? PM trukk and see if he kept his. He swapped out because he blew one. If it's not the same, maybe you can eek out some life with a single swap?

farsighted770 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cts V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Then don't. I don't know what the Anze or LG coilovers run, but the other 3 options I listed above aren't anywhere close to $2700.
    From what I understand the penske's have a pretty short duty cycle and this is a daily so that's out, the fe4s are gonna be too soft for what we want I fear, and I have not read any reviews on the k3... Do you have any input where they're concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Which one is blown? PM trukk and see if he kept his. He swapped out because he blew one. If it's not the same, maybe you can eek out some life with a single swap?
    Both rears, one went a month ago the other started leaking a few days ago(when I made this thread) I'm riding on the springs as of a few days ago and the fronts are prolly close to gone just based on time.

farsighted770 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Cts V

Okay so did more digging on the d2 setup and it looks like it could be done as a full coilover kit... Some questions then.

I made a new thread so anyone searching live I've been doing can find it easier and so I don't muddy this thread up.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11468474

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.