p0449 code question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, p0449 code question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey everybody, I want to start out by saying I have searched every thread for the last week on this ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

p0449 code question

Hey everybody,

I want to start out by saying I have searched every thread for the last week on this subject through all GM forums and boards and have come to find out I probably need to change out my EVAP vent valve. I know this is the one up under the car as i already changed the purge solenoid up under the hood to see if that would do the trick. I have also been getting the check gas cap light on the DIC and it seems a little loose but still clicks and seems to seal. Before I do all the work involved with under the car is it possible that the gas cap could be the issue?
    Also, has anybody figured out if you can change the vent valve WITHOUT having to drop the rear cradle?
    I just don't have a ton of time or money to pay someone else to do it and it is my DD so I need it often.
    Is there anything else that it can be outside what I have already said and done? I also have a code reader and have cleared it out after changing the purge valve and other times and keeps coming back.
    Just really want it fixed and will do the work but just hoping there is another way instead of taking apart the whole back end.
    Thanks in advance for any other helpful hints to get me going in the right direction.

BDV

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Start with stiff that's cheap and easy. Try a new gas cap first... Even if it ends up being the evap valve... Might as well give it a shot. I know on my last car it was a pita because ale of people had problems with them.

Re: p0449 code question

This might be another random/weird question but is there a way to "blow out" the line to help reset it it? And if there is where might that be? And I was probably going to go with the gas cap to help see if that was the case and that is why I did the purge solenoid first too because it was easy to get to and not that expensive.

BDV

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I think my cobalt's was $15 for the part or something like that, can't remember. I know it wasnt worth the time and aggravation to go to get it warrantied. I'm not sure if this is the recommended test method but I blew in the house that connects the solenoid to the tank to make sure it held pressure. Again, I'm not sure if that's the proper test method or the answer to your question.

thanks for chiming in on everything. Not quite the answer I was looking for but not another bad idea of something to check for though.

BDV

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

pm me your email i may have some info that helps you.

SO now that I am thinking back to last week when the lights all started happening it was when I was checking some fuses for something else back there under the backseat. Could it be something as simple as I moved the fuse for the wrong thing or bumped it or something trying to get to another one? If so could I just have to check and replace it?
    Not trying to sound like a dummy but sometimes it is the simplest thing that might cause the most issues right?

BDV

Just so everybody knows it was a fuse that I htought was a spare and took it to use for another one. Whoever designed those rear fuseboxes by putting the spares in the middle of the working ones was crazy! I know partially my fault for pulling that one but the spares should be off to the side. All is well now with the car!

BDV

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Good to hear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.