What are your mpg's in town/ hwy? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What are your mpg's in town/ hwy? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I get about 15 MPG. 2/3rds city (stop and go traffic), 1/3rd highway....
    P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Re: What are your mpg's in town/ hwy?

I get about 15 MPG. 2/3rds city (stop and go traffic), 1/3rd highway.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

I had a post regarding my fuel mileage back in June, reminds me that I should update my data and look at it again, but it may be interesting to some people that haven't seen it before.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...5-gallons.html

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

your mileage isn't that far off but it should get over 20mpg on the highway. Did they check the upstream O2 sensor to make sure it is accurate and not reading lean? I'd lean towards replacing those.... if that's the case they are reading lean and causing your computer to dump more fuel to try to achieve 14.7:1 on the highway.

I get between 14-16 in city driving and pure highway mileage peaks at about 28-29 at 55mph and is about 24-26 at 75 depending on winds and grade.

You guys can look me up on Fuelly.com. Not sure who else is on there but I have the V labeled '6.0 CTS-V' in the 2006 model year grouping. If you're on there add me as a friend or list your screenname.

GrantB1390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    Not sure about individually, but I get around 17. 16.X pretty occasionally, like right now. Mine is an 04 with 114,000 miles and I don't know what the life the plugs and stuff are but I'd like to do a tune up. I'm the 4th owner and the previous ones were so so with care. I'd like to get it back to excellent condition so my mpg might go up a pinch. I'll reserve mods for later.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

In NYC, I get about 8mpg city driving (since its stop and go to an extent you wouldn't believe), and on the highway I get around 22ish with open road in cruise.

WOT, I get 6mpg combined. LOL

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

07cts-vee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

I am running 91 octane fuel and the codes where checked by me using my cheapo scanner. No ability to look at the sensors. When I first picked it up I was getting 22-23 hwy and 15 in town. It has progressively gotten worse, granted the weather is getting colder here in Nebraska I think it still should be doing better. I was fine with the initial mileage I was getting.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by 07cts-vee
    I am running 91 octane fuel and the codes where checked by me using my cheapo scanner. No ability to look at the sensors. When I first picked it up I was getting 22-23 hwy and 15 in town. It has progressively gotten worse, granted the weather is getting colder here in Nebraska I think it still should be doing better. I was fine with the initial mileage I was getting.
    I would go ahead and replace the o2 sensors. My 06 Titan was getting horrible gas Mileage for awhile. It wasn't showing any codes and the cel never popped up but a mechanic recommend I change them so I did. I didn't think it would help...but what do I know. I went from getting 5-6mpg to over 10mpg.

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    14 city, 18-19 hwy if I'm lucky...lol!!! I guess I should stay off the right pedal so much eh? Maybe try 5th and 6th gear while I'm at it...lmao..use 6th gear and cruise control as much as possible...there's a reason why the Govt slaps a gas guzzler tax on these cars...$40 a day in fuel..get use to it

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I get atleast 16.5 in town and atleast 24 on the highway. I have a CAI and Corsa exhaust and a tune done. I don't drive conservative all the time but do drive her soft most of the time for the fuel consumption. Even when I don't though still get better than OP hands down.

BDV

rlamas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Ok well now I'm felling I may drive like a grandpa because today I averaged 16.7 MPG's city and that's with having to use my lunch break to pick my kids up from school lol.. thing is I like to cruise and get seen in beast vs.. flying down the road and
    feeling like an ass haha..JK.. seriously though my drive doesn't have that many stops and if I'm lucky I can hit all the green lights to work.. Bigdaddy-V knows what I'm talking about FM544

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I just checked my average fuel economy in the dic, it shows 17.2mpg. I reset it about 6k miles ago so that's not too shabby.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

To touch on another point... running 87 or 89 vs. 91-93 is not going to make the difference in 3-4mpg. Maybe 1mpg. I have run all of the grades of fuel and I have never noticed a difference in MPG - certainly not a noticeable difference at least. How I drive has a much larger factor on the mpg. I get on it for at least 1 gear every time I drive it.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

13-14 city/22-23 hwy with Maggie, 2.6 pulley, meth injection and tune.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

seriously though my drive doesn't have that many stops and if I'm lucky I can hit all the green lights to work.. Bigdaddy-V knows what I'm talking about FM544[/QUOTE]

I know what you are talking about! hehe. THe problem I have with mine be lower than what I would get is that my commute isn't long at all and the car doesn't warm up all the way fast enough to be completely regulated. But with different routes I take to see my Parents the next town over it always rasies it because a few less lights and even speeds between 45-55. I also love the the crusing thing and getting seen. Still need to get together rlamas!

BDV

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

16.2 in the city. 24 on the highway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.