Reset Airbag System without GM Tool? I've searched, i've searched. Plz Help.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Reset Airbag System without GM Tool? I've searched, i've searched. Plz Help. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So, as many of you probably don't know, I'm located in Germany with my V, with very little GM assistance ...
    Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1

Exclamation Reset Airbag System without GM Tool? I've searched, i've searched. Plz Help.

So, as many of you probably don't know, I'm located in Germany with my V, with very little GM assistance available. Recently had a minor accident, however enough for the driver airbag to deploy. (It seriously was not a big accident worth deploying a airbag, but oh well.) I repaired the vehicle myself, replaced the airbag, and the front impact sensor located at the top, right behind the hood latch. However, my Airbag light stays on, and - service Airbag is displayed.

I've removed the airbag fuse underneath the seat, turned the car off, replaced it, turned the car back on - no change.

There are no dealers close by that can do work on a us spec car. Is there any way I can reset the entire system, or flash blinky whatever to find out what is causing the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cgroh89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Don't know gm systems specifically but I do know Ford and when a deployment is necessary generally the module needs to be replaced as well. There is likely an collision event stored in the RCM that you will bot be able to clear with out a tech 2 or new module

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Reset Airbag System without GM Tool? I've searched, i've searched. Plz Help.

I can't guarantee that you don't need modules replaced but I do know the airbag "codes" can be reset using a better-than-average OBD code reader. The hand held (cheap) one I have for P codes doesn't pull them up but I use my PC, a OBD to USB cable and Scan XL from http://www.palmerperformance.com/ and can pull up the restraint system codes and re-set them.
    05 CTS-V (390hp/383tq) forged pistons & H Beam rods, balanced crank, TFS 220s, YT 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam 229/239 .627"/.621" 111.5+3, Super Damper, 63lb injectors, Fast 92, 90mm TB, LS7 clutch, RAM flywheel, Alradco, Kooks, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, MSD starter, CS Red MMs, roll bar, RaceTech seats, 6pt harnesses, remote oil & PS coolers, KWv3s, v2 brakes, Carbotech XR1s, 2pc rotors, Hotchkis sways, Revshift red bushings, BMR toe rods, trailing arms & anti-hop kit, Powergrid endlinks

Re: Reset Airbag System without GM Tool? I've searched, i've searched. Plz Help.

ok, maybe i'll look into the whole - odb to usb and scan software thingy.

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I believe I have this OBD to USB cable: http://www.amazon.com/ELM327-OBDII-C...sxp_grid_i_0_1. It's $12.

It may come with free software or you might be able to find free software online that can pull the Passenger Restraint codes but I went ahead and spent the $99 to get the Scan XL program
    05 CTS-V (390hp/383tq) forged pistons & H Beam rods, balanced crank, TFS 220s, YT 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam 229/239 .627"/.621" 111.5+3, Super Damper, 63lb injectors, Fast 92, 90mm TB, LS7 clutch, RAM flywheel, Alradco, Kooks, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, MSD starter, CS Red MMs, roll bar, RaceTech seats, 6pt harnesses, remote oil & PS coolers, KWv3s, v2 brakes, Carbotech XR1s, 2pc rotors, Hotchkis sways, Revshift red bushings, BMR toe rods, trailing arms & anti-hop kit, Powergrid endlinks

I have a bluetooth odb interface. Maybe I can connect via laptop (normally use my android) and find some software on the net that can access the proper module....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.