DIC "Change oil"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, DIC "Change oil" in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The nav. screen is telling me to change my oil. It's about two months and maybe 200 (that's two hundred) ...
    fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

DIC "Change oil"

The nav. screen is telling me to change my oil. It's about two months and maybe 200 (that's two hundred) miles old.

"Reset" isn't doing anything.

This brings up something I've been meaning to ask for a while now anyway--how does this thing make that estimation? There's clearly a sensor, since the 'reset' button's not doing anything...sometimes, according to the sensor, the oil lasts way too long, other times, like now, it's too short.

What, if anything should I do about this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    This was discussed in detail like a month ago. Apparently the car uses a specific algorithm along with sensors to determine the "engine oil life" however you are supposed to reset the program to 100% after an oil change.

...also, update your profile so we know what car your asking questions about. We think it's a V1 cuz that's what forum this is in, but we can't assume.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Go to the black tab at the top of the page, and click on Cadillac Technical Archives. The OLMis briefly explained there, along with a lot of other good info.

Z71
    Z71 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Re: DIC "Change oil"

To reset the oil life monitor you have to hold down the reset button for a period of time till it resets and stays at 100%.

There are NO sensors for the oil, its just a computer program than analyzes all the operating paramenters of the vehicle. Its a count down clock where certain operating conditions reduce the % till it reaches 0 and turns on the warning light to change oil

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Re: DIC "Change oil"

yeah... you need to hold that reset button until the percentage blinks a couple times. It takes about 10 seconds of holding it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.