Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lawfive 
#1 ·
I have read all the posts about replacing the sub with an aftermarket speaker. I know it needs to be a free air speaker so I guess Kicker Comp is the way to go, but the owner of the audio place here is my very good buddy and he said to go with a 10" kicker CompVR instead of the kicker Comp. I just have a few ques...

1. Is the Kicker CompVR also a free air speaker like the Kicker Comp is?
2. Should I ask him to put a crossover in?
3. Should I get him to mount a seperate sub +/- knob hidden near the driver's seat? (he kinda mentioned that this would be nice)

Thanks!:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Joey'sVee said:
I have read all the posts about replacing the sub with an aftermarket speaker. I know it needs to be a free air speaker so I guess Kicker Comp is the way to go, but the owner of the audio place here is my very good buddy and he said to go with a 10" kicker CompVR instead of the kicker Comp. I just have a few ques...

1. Is the Kicker CompVR also a free air speaker like the Kicker Comp is?
2. Should I ask him to put a crossover in?
3. Should I get him to mount a seperate sub +/- knob hidden near the driver's seat? (he kinda mentioned that this would be nice)

Thanks!:thumbsup:
Joey,

I installed an MTX amp and a Kicker Comp. Sounds great now.

Answers:

1. No, apparently not: http://www.kicker.com/05/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2005/2005%20CompVR%20Sub%20Manual.pdf (this manual doesn't talk about infinite baffle/free air; the Comp manual does).

2. I didn't go with a crossover, even though the Bose feed seems to be full spectrum. Just ran it through a hi-lo; works fine.

3. I didn't put a pot up front, and most of the time I don't need one (especially since you can put different permanent EQ settings on the CD and each radio station), but occasionally I wish I had one. I'll probably install one one of these days...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.