stability control activates at high engine rpm.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RyRidesMotoX
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, stability control activates at high engine rpm. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, here is the symptom. You are driving down the road and decide to run a year out to the ...
    throttljock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

stability control activates at high engine rpm.

OK, here is the symptom. You are driving down the road and decide to run a year out to the red line. In third gear, you are near 90 mph and out of nowhere your car flashes "stability control active". A split second later it grabs a brake on you. This is unnerving. Any ideas? Pulling codes didn't point at the SWPS. It gave me C0196. which is a yaw sensor. Of course, I can't find anyone else that has had this issue. The local dealerships tell me that their sales history says they have NEVER sold a yaw sensor, which makes me wonder why me.... remember, this only happens at high RPM (over 4000) Tell me what you know. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    That's weird IMO...I rev limit mine in 2nd, 3rd, all the time and never experienced this at all...is your break fluid low by chance?

Re: stability control activates at high engine rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsfan4life View Post
    That's weird IMO...I rev limit mine in 2nd, 3rd, all the time and never experienced this at all...is your break fluid low by chance?
    Master is full

jeffctsvmanw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Do you hear any noise in audio system? Like alternator whine? Electrical noise might trigger sensor.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Um this has happen before. I think it was here on this forum that someone posted the same thing. IF i remember right the sensor is located in the center console. Same thing happened to that car. Same symptoms.

Edit here is the link that may help you out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...car-still.html

yframe65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by odla
    Um this has happen before. I think it was here on this forum that someone posted the same thing. IF i remember right the sensor is located in the center console. Same thing happened to that car. Same symptoms. Edit here is the link that may help you out. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...car-still.html
    I had a wheel bearing that was going bad and sending bad signals to the wheel speed sensor. It didn't throw any codes and I replaced the yaw sensor first, but it turned out to be that wheel speed sensor.

day one at the dealership = " uh - i don't know"

thanks - I already had that answer...

Heavybody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
    Check your G meter ... Guys who had yaw sensor problems reported high readings on the G meter readout... Higher than you have from even spirited driving like 1.9 g's or something crazy. Hopefully my vague memories help some

I think I remember heavy metals having this problem...

04cts v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Do you still have your original 2-piece driveshaft installed? Any noises/whining from under the car after hard acceleration? I had similar problem and replaced my driveshaft with a one-piece...problem fixed. Bushings in carrier were getting worn and created false traction control issues.

At the very least, this seems like good justification for a nice upgrade.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavybody View Post
    Check your G meter ... Guys who had yaw sensor problems reported high readings on the G meter readout... Higher than you have from even spirited driving like 1.9 g's or something crazy. Hopefully my vague memories help some

I think I remember heavy metals having this problem...
    If that's the case... Before you reset everything... Take a picture so you can tell everyone how much more badass the V is than everything else.
    Hammar likes this.

Uselesryder919 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V Raven

i just think i solved this issue with my car. i cleaned the hubs the best could but what i belive fixed the issue was i disconnected the battery for 10 mins and pulled the TCS and SCS fuses attemting to reset the system. my car hasnt tried to kill me in 4 days lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.