can't get the rear package tray out!?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, can't get the rear package tray out!? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I read the online how to, but can't get it out. I got the upper and lower back seat out ...
    69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 69 Mustang Mach I

can't get the rear package tray out!?

I read the online how to, but can't get it out. I got the upper and lower back seat out along with the sail panels and it say just lift the package try out but it won't lift out or slide forward? I look like the seat belt take up's need to be removed or something? I also have the plastic push tabs taken out for the package tray also?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: can't get the rear package tray out!?

Mine was glued to the glass

Great, how did you get it out?

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's not glued. There are slotted plastic tabs (which are glued to the deck) on the sides of the deck (all the way back toward the rear glass) that pop free if you lift up the cover and pull it toward you. You may have to jimmy it side to side to loosen them, but it shouldn't take a lot of force to get the thing out.

PISNUOFF Guest

Did you take the two push pins out of the front?

Yes, I got the two push pins out. I was able to flex the front over the seat belt retractors and tilt it up to get to the XM module. Fuzzy, are the tabs your talking about for the sail pannels to fit into? Still not sure how the thing comes out? I hate interior stuff, always afraid of breaking something. Thanks guys.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No, the deck is attached to two long tabs in the rear. Trust me on this--just lift up a couple of inches and shake it toward you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.