04 Oil pump R&R in car??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pato
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 04 Oil pump R&R in car?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So my wife's 04 with 222K miles has 0 psi oil pressure and I've scoured the net to see if ...
    chet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 ctsv Black

04 Oil pump R&R in car??

So my wife's 04 with 222K miles has 0 psi oil pressure and I've scoured the net to see if the oil pump can be replaced in the car. Looks like a real bitch if it's even doable at all. I see that other vehicles with LS engines, like the late model Cameros can change the pump without pulling the engine.

Trying to squeeze a few more miles out of this practically untouched(new waterpump) LS6. Cheers, Chet

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Re: 04 Oil pump R&R in car??

i dont see why you would not be able to. Pull the fans, rad, move the condensor, pull the pump and timing cover and work at it right there. I changed ls1 oil pump no problem in the car

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

Have you verified the oil pressure switch. The pump does not normally just fail to zero.

I put a new oil pressure switch just to be sure, and the car still screams at me: Shut if off now!! Engine runs but making lots of noise now that it's sat for about a month. Hoping a fellow V owner or a Tech that's done this procedure can chime in. My concern is getting the oil pan down far enough to get at the oil inlet tube connector bolt. Seems like the front torsion bar and Brake portioning valve (Not sure what it's called) are right in the way. Thanks for the feedback.

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    I replaced my oil pump with the engine in car in my 2005 V. Just like with any other LS engine. Oil pan goes down far enough to get to the pickup tube bolt, at least for me it did. Nothing that you mention was in my way.
    Becker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post
    I replaced my oil pump with the engine in car in my 2005 V. Just like with any other LS engine. Oil pan goes down far enough to get to the pickup tube bolt, at least for me it did. Nothing that you mention was in my way.
    Excellent! Now I just have to pray that something else didn't cause the oil pump failure, did your pump fail on it's own?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by chet View Post
    Excellent! Now I just have to pray that something else didn't cause the oil pump failure, did your pump fail on it's own?
    No, old oil pump had good pressure, I just replaced it because I put in a new crank balancer, which since I was there led to a new front seal, since I was there led to a new oil pump, a oh what the hell, lets put a new timing chain on too, which also led to new valve springs.
    Engine had 108k miles at that point, so I just did all that for peace of mind, since I was there, lol.

Thanks for the link, that's a great step by step how to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.