Rear Interior Panel Clips
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear Interior Panel Clips in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, has anyone else ran into this problem? On both the passenger and drivers side the clips that hold ...
    GoinForTheGusto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS V

Rear Interior Panel Clips

Hey guys, has anyone else ran into this problem? On both the passenger and drivers side the clips that hold these panels in are broken, the plastic piece that is underneath is all cracked. If anyone else has gone through this can you point me in the right direction to get replacement parts? I believe the dealer tried to sell me the entire panel, hopefully I don't need to go down that route.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Re: Rear Interior Panel Clips

The problem there and why people break them is they are not clips. I broke one also before I realized that there is a 7 or 8mm hex screw that holds them in behind that little Air Bag piece. Even though the plastic was fractured I was able to use a couple washers and a screw to re-attach it. If there is nothing left to the face of the plastic where the screw goes through you'll have to improvise something which won't be easy. I did my other side correctly after figuring that out...

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I fixed mine with a large washer and a new screw. That little cover that says air bag comes off, and the screw is under there.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Search for "sail panel" and you'll find lots of discussion of that particular issue. Mine haven't done that (knock on wood), but lots of other folks have had to do the fix.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

i glued a washer into mine. works great.

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 69 Mustang Mach I

What breaks them is having your rear windows down doing 100+ mph.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Search for "sail panel" and you'll find lots of discussion of that particular issue. Mine haven't done that (knock on wood), but lots of other folks have had to do the fix.
    What he said.

I broke mine on purpose because those panels would squeak and rattle like crazy and drive me NUTS. So I busted them all apart, and then applied the washer method to re-attach. Worked like a charm...and quiet as a mouse.

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Mine have always clicked back into place...until yesterday haha Im addicted to driving with the rear windows down some so i can hear the exhaust better...looks like washers are coming up next. Do the airbag pieces pop out easily or is a flathead screwdriver required?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.