Clutch Master Cylinder - ? before installing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Clutch Master Cylinder - ? before installing in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've had a few grinds going into 4th at high RPM's with the new transmission. I've got a feeling it ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Clutch Master Cylinder - ? before installing

I've had a few grinds going into 4th at high RPM's with the new transmission. I've got a feeling it had to do with needing bled and heat. Since it has cooled down outside I have had a few successful 4th gear shifts.

Among all of this, I had been doing a lot of reading and came across guys with f-body camaros talking about a drill mod to the master cylinder to open up a restriction in the master to slave line. Their symptoms matched my problem exactly; grinding into 3/4 on high RPM's.

I bought a GM master cylinder to investigate myself: There are NO restrictions in the hoses on our master cyliinder.

There is one small port to the hose that goes to the reservoir, is that any sort of restriction point ?

I was going to install this new MC and put a piece of heat sheild over the entire hose; but now that I see i can disconnect the MC from the Slave easily I might just slide the heat shield over the existing line and see how that goes before attempting to tear into this.

Only reason I have been looking into the MC was because it is the only part that has not been replaced in the clutch system.

Any suggestions or comments before I do anything ? Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Clutch Master Cylinder - ? before installing

This was one of the articles I found a while back:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/124634-drill-mod-slave-ewill3rd.html

While I'm here, any tips on how to get the clip back on the quick connect fitting. This thing is a PIA; push the hose in the fitting and then I can not get the clip to snap on around the hose to hold it in. At least its a spare part right now, but would still like to get it back together.

jamesdem1123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

The thread is a couple months old, but what size/type of threading is on the master cylinder that goes to the feed line to to the slave? It looks proprietary, are there any screw on connectors? I'm working on a replacement with a tilton unit without having to to hack up a $200 adapter and your firewall.

Currently my car is in Fl, I am in NY.

Thanks

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdem1123 View Post
    The thread is a couple months old, but what size/type of threading is on the master cylinder that goes to the feed line to to the slave? It looks proprietary, are there any screw on connectors? I'm working on a replacement with a tilton unit without having to to hack up a $200 adapter and your firewall.

Currently my car is in Fl, I am in NY.

Thanks
    I believe the threading for the clutch line is proprietary because a few years ago UUC in partnership with Lindsay Cadillac investigated the design of a stainless steel clutch line to be included with their brake line kit for the CTS-V. Although they did produce and sell the brake lines, they (UUC/Lindsay) reported that they could not do the clutch line because the connectors were proprietary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.