power door locks inop with remote, left side front and rear
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, power door locks inop with remote, left side front and rear in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi hoping someone has had this problem, I am not a great electrical perso, so I need all help I ...
    topkattkg2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

power door locks inop with remote, left side front and rear

Hi hoping someone has had this problem, I am not a great electrical perso, so I need all help I can get, both front and rear door locks inop when try to open with remote control, both r sise work ok. I have a new remote and had it programed to car at dealer, he wants $200 to check out, but I was hoping this may be a common problem. sorry for long post, thanks for ant help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: power door locks inop with remote, left side front and rear

Quote Originally Posted by topkattkg2 View Post
    Hi hoping someone has had this problem, I am not a great electrical perso, so I need all help I can get, both front and rear door locks inop when try to open with remote control, both r sise work ok. I have a new remote and had it programed to car at dealer, he wants $200 to check out, but I was hoping this may be a common problem. sorry for long post, thanks for ant help.
    Hello topkattkg2,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Cadillac vehicle. Were the locks working when the dealership programmed the new remote at the dealership? If you would like any assistance in the process of working with the dealership, please feel free to private message. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please keep us updated on the on the result if you have the dealership look into the concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

topkattkg2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for your reply Gregory, the car did not have a remote when I purchased it, so I do not know what was working , but the dealer told me when they programed the remotes, that those two door locks were inop, and they would have to remove both door panels to determine problem with locks. I will have it checked, but was hoping that it was a common failure and I would repair it myself. Anyway thank you for your response and have a great day, Tom G

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by topkattkg2 View Post
    Thanks for your reply Gregory, the car did not have a remote when I purchased it, so I do not know what was working , but the dealer told me when they programed the remotes, that those two door locks were inop, and they would have to remove both door panels to determine problem with locks. I will have it checked, but was hoping that it was a common failure and I would repair it myself. Anyway thank you for your response and have a great day, Tom G
    Hello Tom,

You're welcome. I will let Gregory know of your statement and update. I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing. If there is anything we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.