Coolant Temp INOP (Sensor changed) ;/
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Coolant Temp INOP (Sensor changed) ;/ in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys this morning I got the engine hot turn AC off and then looked and had no coolant temp ...
    Becker is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Coolant Temp INOP (Sensor changed) ;/

Hey guys this morning I got the engine hot turn AC off and then looked and had no coolant temp readings After work I changed the sensor and cleaned up and pulled the car back in and noticed NO CHANGE. I do have a SES light and I own a scanner but its late and I have to be up at 0400 manana.

1. Does the car need time to reset it?
    2. Can I speed up this reset time, if it in fact needs to be reset?
    3. What else could it be, a short? (hopefully not)
    4. What would be the typical code associated with this (I will be scanning tomorrow)
    5. .....is it safe to drive? I assume so but it does drive a bit different - kind of like a cold startup
    6. Help please

Thanks,
    Becker

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Coolant Temp INOP (Sensor changed) ;/

Try disconnecting the battery for ten min.

Thanks,

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

so you'll make a thread online rather than using the scan tool you already own to try and clear the code?

It's driving like a cold startup probably because it's pulling all the timing.

Yes made a thread online to ask if it would take time for the car to see the new sensor. Not/Wasnt worried of the code but when I changed the sensor after work and cleaned up the car sat and idled for 20 minutes and still registered no coolant temp. I never even scanned the code because it cleared on my way home the next day.

My thread was merely asking if it needs time to reset - which it did after 100 miles or so.

Yes, it did drive like it was in open loop but I was just puttin' around town in it and not ripping on it - for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.