2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Coolant Temp INOP (Sensor changed) ;/ in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys this morning I got the engine hot turn AC off and then looked and had no coolant temp ...
Hey guys this morning I got the engine hot turn AC off and then looked and had no coolant temp readings After work I changed the sensor and cleaned up and pulled the car back in and noticed NO CHANGE. I do have a SES light and I own a scanner but its late and I have to be up at 0400 manana.
1. Does the car need time to reset it?
2. Can I speed up this reset time, if it in fact needs to be reset?
3. What else could it be, a short? (hopefully not)
4. What would be the typical code associated with this (I will be scanning tomorrow)
5. .....is it safe to drive? I assume so but it does drive a bit different - kind of like a cold startup
6. Help please
Yes made a thread online to ask if it would take time for the car to see the new sensor. Not/Wasnt worried of the code but when I changed the sensor after work and cleaned up the car sat and idled for 20 minutes and still registered no coolant temp. I never even scanned the code because it cleared on my way home the next day.
My thread was merely asking if it needs time to reset - which it did after 100 miles or so.
Yes, it did drive like it was in open loop but I was just puttin' around town in it and not ripping on it - for obvious reasons.