2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by mberisha All in all....as CTSV_Rob said...10 more years worth of R&D, technology & racing experience (Corvette, CTS-V, ...
    liqidvenom is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    All in all....as CTSV_Rob said...10 more years worth of R&D, technology & racing experience (Corvette, CTS-V, & GM Performance)...all the lessons learned from the V1 & V2...~20+ more hp to boot...and "only" 6 seconds faster. Is it just me...or does that seem a little "under-whelming". Or am I just being un-realistic?

BTW...to keep all things equal...was it the same driver for the VSport as it was for the V1 'Ring lap? Some may argue this point....however it is just another controllable variable that could rule out some quantifable variances on that incredibly technical course.

Either way....6 seconds....hmmm....
    6 seconds on the any race track is a good amount of time gained even on something like the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    It's shenanigans because you could do significant modifications to the V1 and it would be faster?.

Bingo!

Comparing lap times from a decade apart is pretty much worthless. The intarweb fascination with 'Ring times is silly.
    They werent silly when the v2 laid down its fast lap and we all got frothy over it.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Need one of these for my DD, a 1.4L Chevy Cruze.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

V16 here i come!

Pillow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

I got to see the CTS VSport on Monday and really liked it. (Cadillac event, not a dealer)

Very nice interior upgrades, beefy steering wheel, much much much better interior than the V2. Then again I like the V1 interior much more than the V2.

Anyway, this VSport is solid. And new CTS platform should be a winner.

V coupe beside VSport showed that the V and VSport brakes are identical (6 pot Brembos) and the VSport runs 18" wheels (275/35R18 rear). I think the VSport stole a good bit of the V2 "goodies".

FWIW The big surprise in my book was how wonderful the XTS Platinum interior was. Suede everywhere! And the most comfortable seats ever... Too bad it isn't RWD or have a V-8 (I know I'm old school)

The back to back driving of the 2014 CTS vs 2013 CTS Coupe was dramatic, same 3.6. You will like it.

The new 2014 V3 is going to be beast!!!

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

XTS base ad....hmmmmm.....

----------

....and check out the headlights on the ELR.....looks like what is anticipated on the new Escalade as well....hmmmm.....

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    So instead of doing muffler upgrades, you just need to get better speakers .....yawn.

Electronic sound enhancement for the engine is the dumbest thing ever. It basically says, this engine sounds like crap (reference turbo V6 in formula1) and we need to make it better by playing a engine soundtrack over your cars speakers.

hopefully they don't need that nonsense when the real V comes out.

I find that on so many levels the newer the car the less I like it. I really think the V1 will probably be the last new high performance cars I buy. The whole electronic "driving aids" don't interest me a bit.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    Electronic sound enhancement for the engine is the dumbest thing ever. It basically says, this engine sounds like crap (reference turbo V6 in formula1) and we need to make it better by playing a engine soundtrack over your cars speakers.
    I cannot believe caddy has sunk this low. I can't even test drive the car now because I will harass the Sales guy and he doesn't deserve this for a bad descision on an engineer's (or his Manager's) part.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I will then inform said sales guy you have a supercharger door stop in your garage because you're too lazy...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

lol, that won't help his sales.

----------

And it is not making any stupid noises like you and the new V-Sport.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Just go test drive it and make "vroooooomm vrrrooooooomm" sounds

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    lol, that won't help his sales.

----------

And it is not making any stupid noises like you and the new V-Sport.

To get stupid noises I need only any car and you riding shotgun...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    To get stupid noises I need only any car and you riding shotgun...
    Not one of your best comebacks. Are you feeling okay?

I thought it was pretty good...

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

fake engine sounds

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.