2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic I call shenanigans. Take a V1, eliminate the rubber bushings, give it a posi differential, a ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I call shenanigans.

Take a V1, eliminate the rubber bushings, give it a posi differential, a real flywheel, and watch it smoke the Vsport.
    It's shenanigans because you could do significant modifications to the V1 and it would be faster?.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    And then do the same for the VSport. What's the problem? Stock for stock, it's faster. So what? Progress. About the same weight and the TTV6 has more power...
    Bingo!

Comparing lap times from a decade apart is pretty much worthless. The intarweb fascination with 'Ring times is silly.
    thebigjimsho likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: 2014 #Cadillac #CTSVsport recorded a lap almost 6 seconds faster than the 1st gen

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    ... Comparing lap times from a decade apart is pretty much worthless ...
    True. What it does do is give us V1 guys a recognizable basis of comparison as to the progress that's been made ... as measured by Ring performance.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV
    When you get bored with the V6 you won't be able to drop a s/c in for a few grand to add 120 hp.

Now put that in the ATS and you won't get bored.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    It's shenanigans because you could do significant modifications to the V1 and it would be faster?.
    Those are not significant modifications. The items I mentioned were tremendously stupid decisions on GM's part that I would argue can be corrected and still consider the vehicle stock. The fact that my motor mounts and differential bushing failed after 13,000 miles is evidence of that. GM should have had to perform a recall.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

My differential bushing was almost gone after less than 5 years, I don't consider that normal wear and tear. I agree with Fuzzy that certain items really should have been fixed on a recall.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ctsv View Post
    When you get bored with the V6 you won't be able to drop a s/c in for a few grand to add 120 hp.
    You don't need a s/c when you have turbos to play with ...few grand for a s/c? I wish lol.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

XTS VSport.....hmmmmm?

^^ Nice! Now it's time to announce the V Series!!!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Those are not significant modifications.
    Not significant? Have you read your own thread about how much work was required for you to replace the various rear bushings? Whether you look at it from money invested, or from the amount of labor involved, replacing all of the bushings is a significant modification.

And wouldn't insignificant modifications have an insignificant impact on the car's performance?

GM should have had to perform a recall.
    As pointed out elsewhere, recalls are for safety defects, not wear and tear issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    You don't need a s/c when you have turbos to play with ...few grand for a s/c? I wish lol.
    My thoughts exactly.

Tell the 335i guys, STI guys, EVO guys, Focus ST guys, Audi 1.8/2.0/TDI guys, etc that they'll need to add a supercharger to go faster.

Now put that in the ATS and you won't get bored.
    I haven't been paying any attention to whatever ATS-V rumors may or may not be floating around, but ever since that CTS V-Sport was announced I've figured that twin turbo V6 would be the ATS-V powerplant. That way they can differentiate the CTS-V (which will presumably keep a supercharged or perhaps turbocharged V-8) from the ATS-V.

I'm glad to see Cadillac announced the twin turbo V-6 for the XTS. I thought it was strange that their "big car" only came with the N/A V-6 initially; that's a lot of car to move off the line without the torque of a V-8 or FI V-6.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Get ready boys.....

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Get ready boys.....

So instead of doing muffler upgrades, you just need to get better speakers .....yawn.

Electronic sound enhancement for the engine is the dumbest thing ever. It basically says, this engine sounds like crap (reference turbo V6 in formula1) and we need to make it better by playing a engine soundtrack over your cars speakers.

hopefully they don't need that nonsense when the real V comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    So instead of doing muffler upgrades, you just need to get better speakers .....yawn.
    Agreed..this is retarded.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Next thing you know, GM is going to provide the driver with the sound of money piling up when you go to ECO mode.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

^^^kinda like this Randy?

"Money, it's a gas.
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
    New car, caviar, four star daydream"

rand49er likes this.

SevillianSTS likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.