Is there a specific V part number for power steering pum?p
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Is there a specific V part number for power steering pum?p in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Something blew in my power steering system and fluid starting leaking. (133K) I can't determine source yet but will in ...
    Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

Is there a specific V part number for power steering pum?p

Something blew in my power steering system and fluid starting leaking. (133K) I can't determine source yet but will in a couple of hours on lift. I'm assuming I need a new power steering pump as it was groaning very loud as I lost assist in steering. But it could be hoses as well. God forbid a rack and pinion unit. Autozone was pretty useless as their system says pump not manufactured anymore.'

Is there a specific V p/n for pump, hoses and rack n pinion unit? Any help is appreciated as I have a big job coming up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Is there a specific V part number for power steering pum?p

No ideas on part numbers? Autozone and napa say it's not made anymore. Anyways, I found the culprit. Galvanic corrosion on the high pressure hose fitting going into bottom of Steering Pump Assy. I'm assuming that's where the seal is and it's probably beat to crap from corrosion. So I'll replace pump and hose set. The aluminum on aluminum fittings on the rack and pinion are good to go and it's not leaking there so I think I'm good to go. The reason I'm asking about P/N's is alot of sights don't differentiate between CTS and V's. If the pumps and hoses are the same between the two, than cool. Otherwise, I'll need to research and call. I'm glad I waited to put my set of gatorback belts on. Side note: I'm thinking of moving the power steering pump cooler up or down into the grill openings and rotating it 90 degrees since it's sitting EXACTLY BEHIND THE FRONT BUMPER. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

Found website that distinguishes V and 6.0L parts from 3.8 etc. 61 views w no replies, looks like I should provide for a change. Here is website and they have GM parts diagram too so I like it. I got pump, HP hose and pulley for $299 shipped.

https://www.gmpartsclub.com/index.php?p=home

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    For future reference ... Nalley GMC has their parts listings online here - http://parts.nalleygmc.com/productSe...wer%20steering

Even better diagrams and closer to Maryland, thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.