New Trans + Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 28# Flywheel - Slight Grind into 3rd & 4th.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Trans + Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 28# Flywheel - Slight Grind into 3rd & 4th. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I have finally put 500 miles on my new tranmisson and monster stage 2 clutch with 28# flywheel and ...
    SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

New Trans + Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 28# Flywheel - Slight Grind into 3rd & 4th.

So I have finally put 500 miles on my new tranmisson and monster stage 2 clutch with 28# flywheel and new slave cyldiner. Original master cylinder still in.

Revshift Blue Motor mounts in and also have the Revshift transmisson insert.

Been holding back for a while now

Decided to open her up on a back road. No problem going into 2nd but when I went to 3rd I had a slight grind and the same going into 4th.
    I've got a feeling this is clutch related and not the trans.

Seems I've read somewhere about people drilling / opening up clutch lines and such; but that did not relate to our cars.

Any new feedback on issues like this? Trans feels real solid and shifts great, but it is nice to get into the RPM's every once in a while.

----------

and yes I had the clutch all the way in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 69 Mustang Mach I

Re: New Trans + Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 28# Flywheel - Slight Grind into 3rd & 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    Seems I've read somewhere about people drilling / opening up clutch lines and such; but that did not relate to our cars.
    Not sure I understand this?
    Maybe you have air in your line and need to bleed the clutch?

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: New Trans + Monster Stage 2 Clutch w/ 28# Flywheel - Slight Grind into 3rd & 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by 69stangscj View Post
    Not sure I understand this?
    Maybe you have air in your line and need to bleed the clutch?
    Type cts-v drill mod into google. Has to do with a restriction in the master to slave hydraulic line. From what I find it is more common in older camaros though.

Being I have a remote bleeder I'll bleed it again, but I don't think this is the issue.

I'm just trying to read into this rather than go out and do a couple WOT's and harm the new trans.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Sounds like clutch needs bled.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.