Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Interior Lights Fuse Blowing

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Motown Cad 
#1 ·
My 05 V is blowing the 10 amp fuse as soon as I insert it.

I've only had this beauty for a couple of months and the interior lights weren't working at all when I got it.

Reading the forum led me to the under seat fuses and got them going for several days and then. "POOF", gone again.

I changed out all bulbs to LEDs and they worked for about 20 minutes. Now when I insert the fuse, it blows immediately.

Is this an often experienced issue with this model? I hope not because it is a thing of beauty, a true head turner and a dream to drive.

#3 ·
"Plenty" of people have had this problem as I have the very same as you for 2.5 years. They either drive with no lights like I do, or fix it and don't bother to share the fix. I've PM'd a few with no response except one. He said his visor lights were causing fuse to blow. Some guess it's the light switch, but I currently have my whole headliner removed eliminating the visor and light switch theory and unfortunately, it blew in 10 minutes. Wish I could help, but need schematic of circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.