New 2005 CTS-V Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New 2005 CTS-V Owner in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just picked up a 2005 CTS-V yesterday. Car is black with 35k miles on it. Car is all stock and ...
    alpicone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Raven CTS-V

New 2005 CTS-V Owner

Just picked up a 2005 CTS-V yesterday. Car is black with 35k miles on it. Car is all stock and in pretty good condition. There are a couple of things in the interior that need to be addressed (broken trim piece, NAV FW update, partially hazy NAV screen, worn radio and sunroof knobs, auxiliary power socket) but overall the car is nice and drives well.

Looking forward to being a part of the V family and happy that there is such an informative forum that exists.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

seeyouinajif is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Congrats, I've had my 05 for a few months now and I love it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

Re: New 2005 CTS-V Owner

congrats.

first thing i'd do is get a CAGS delete ($20) and get a short throw like PISNUOFF's then bushings (revshift) to tighten everything up.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alpicone View Post
    ... Looking forward to being a part of the V family ...
    Not these guys. You must be thinking of another forum.

(Nice car!)
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

alpicone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Raven CTS-V

Fixed the power outlets and the NAV FW update disc is on it's way... But it looks like I may need to change my motor mounts. It shakes at shutdown but other than that doesn't really give me any issue. Is it a bad idea to push off replacing them for now?

Also the haze on my NAV seems to be the anti-glare coating issue. I was reading a few older threads about how to get rid of it and then add a screen protector... but I am still not sure what is the right way to go to avoid making the screen look worse. Any suggestions?

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 69 Mustang Mach I

Quote Originally Posted by alpicone View Post
    NAV FW update disc
    What is this about, is it a disk you put in one time to update or is it just an updated NAV disk?

Scott2012 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

I'd do the rev shift motor mounts and rev shift trans insert right away- it'll really help make the car feel right.
    As for the nav unit... Ditch it and go aftermarket- I'm really happy I did.

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 69 Mustang Mach I

Quote Originally Posted by Scott2012 View Post
    As for the nav unit... Ditch it and go aftermarket- I'm really happy I did.
    Don't you loose the outside temp, trip, mileage and so on?

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

there's 2 options

1. get a non-V CTS head unit and do the "stacker" mod to accept an aftermarket unit while retaining DIC. requires the CTS unit to be reprogrammed.
    2. get an android head unit and use torque. there's a few chinese ones on ebay that run android approx 300-400 depending. the other option is the parrot asteroid smart for roughly 2x the price. i believe pioneer and alpine also have android head units but they're well over 1k

there's more pro's than cons with the CTS stacker mod IMO but will be more expensive as you're buying 2 head units.

Scott2012 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

If you do a search you'll find a number of ways to ditch the factory stuff. You are right, you loose some of those features (DIC). I was really concerned about that at first... When I finally got so tired if all the drawbacks of the stock system, I gutted it. I haven't looked back since and don't miss the features lost.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

congrats on the new ride!! I picked up an 06 with 73k two months ago and I am enjoying it they are money pits if you are into cars...ever other car I have owned I just drive but anything with a LS motor i seem to want to do modifications to it, appearance and performance...I love doing it though

Hope your enjoying her!! I put my G-METER into a 1.0+ within the first wek haha...now its at .98 l and .94 r

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.